Gaming Internet unusable on Wii, but usable on PSP?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what ever reason I can not connect my Wii to any router, I've tried the one in this house several times, grandparents -- wouldn't work & some family friends and their's wouldn't work yet for what ever reason my PSP DOES work with ALL three of them? Need to reset the router? I get (I think): 51330 & 52130 as the error codes (for Wii).

Pre-Post update --- I tried resetting the router, that didn't do a thing.
hate2.gif

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The encryption would be (I think) which ever is the 2nd from the top option (for Wii). It used to work, now because it won't (but will for my PSP) someone here thinks we should sell it back to a store.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
--- It has been hacked, and was just taken on a road trip though I am beyond positive that the router is causing this and now some chip or antenna in the Wii.

I have tried manual configuration (putting in the IP address, DNS, etc) That hadn't done a thing.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this but I want this solved, I don't want to return or buy another Wii (unless it's 4.2 or lower, since the current one I have is hacked). I can find the router, no problem, it takes the password it just fails the connection test.

Without opening it up (doubtful) would there be a way to see if the components within all still function like they should?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try moving the wii closer to the router maybe its dropping packets, either way removing the security should auto put the wii on the ACL, also if the config file of the router is corrupt try assigning the wii a static IP 202 for instance, or try resetting the router back to defaults

This topic should be in wifi tech help tho

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the chip/antenna were broken in the Wii, would it even be likely to find our router, let alone others around us? It gives the router (ours) the most bars.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no its not about if module on the wii is broken, its about what the signal has to pass through to get to the router, i.e solid brick wall 2 floors etc, people moving about also might knock it off if the router is at a fair distance, if say the antenna was broken on the router and wasn't making contact then yes you would see severe signal loss on all devices from the router

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Router is one from AT&T 2wire (I think), it's mostly flat, on the outside nothing sticks out (far as I know). The router/Wii are in the same room, my Wii's do this suddenly, than suddenly work again, patience.

It's ironic that this Wii has not been mishandled (FAIK), all buttons work yet my last which WAS dropped (a few times) only had the power button stop working, the other two WOULD work if pressed in and it still did this as well.

Does the PSP use B & G or only one of them?

vicious1988

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have this same problem. Everything worked fine up until a few months ago. One of my sisters knocked it off the stand. Now it will still find routers, still connect to them (everything appears in the log), but its like it can't get authentication from a Nintendo server or something along those lines.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What log? The router log? Guess I have to find a new wii, guess i'll have one that is for homebrew, the other is normal (wi-fi working).

I did find my way to my router config (through an IP address . . . . ) the Wii IS on their along with most (if not all) the other devices of our network.:

Name Wii
Connection Type Wireless (802.11)
IP Address (removed)
IP Address Allocation DHCP
IP Address Type Private (NAT)
Hardware Address
Status off

It is set to B/G (mixed, 54mbps, channel 11, etc) . . . every other time this has happened (previous Wii) I just had to wait. I need to keep waiting or have someone else's Wii brought over.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only thing you can do if none of the above solutions worked is to reset the router to factory defaults and then try and connect, move the router next to the wii, the router doesnt have to be connected to the telephone/cable for the wii to connect to the wifi, if it still doesnt connect after that, and other devices connect ok then I guess something in the wii is broken software or hardware.

I read what you said about resetting the router, just to clarify you want to wipe the settings off the router back to factory defaults, and then setup the router again, make sure the router is near to the wii when connecting to wifi to eliminate interference of any kind.

hope this helps

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any setting has ever been changed and the "administrator" doesn't like the idea of changing settings when the Wii is the only tech of this house/network that can't connect.

I have a AT&A 2wire

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem with my wii 4.2u cios249 rev19 base 57 (if it matters) & I put my nand backup back & everything worked fine like before...... (so nothing to do with my linksys or settings)

By the way it was just after I got the E-MAIL FROM NINTENDO saying to update (get it ? e-mail... by wifi)

now it's been almost a week, I updated my usb loader,nes,snes,gba,homebrew channel & wiimc BY WIFI

Now today I open my wii & the drive flash .... "CRISS DE CAVE" I was 'cause I looked at the e-mail & it was the f**k'n note to update from nintendo...

Now I have the stupid error back & even if I put my nand back it doesnt work....

Am I paranoid or does it have 2 do with the update I have refused ?

Thanks for n-e help in advance.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demon33 you gave me an idea ----- stupid question ---- could I use SNEEK to load a old backup of the NAND to see what happens and than (if it works) reload from that? Any danger with restoring to a earlier NAND?

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think there is any danger if you have bootmii as boot2 (like me) but like I said before it worked one time for me & now there's nothing to do....

as for sneek I don't use it so I don't know, sorry.

next thing I'm gonna try is to update my wii to 4.3 & see if it works but I tried doing it offline & it's not working..... I'll wait for a other way 2 update sice the waninkoko installer say (experimental) under "offline installation" .....

By the way IF I update with nintendo do they update the boot2 (will I lost the abillity to install as boot2) ? & how do you guys update if you don't have wifi? with a disk having system menu on it ??

thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
demon33 said:
I don't think there is any danger if you have bootmii as boot2 (like me) but like I said before it worked one time for me & now there's nothing to do....

as for sneek I don't use it so I don't know, sorry.

next thing I'm gonna try is to update my wii to 4.3 & see if it works but I tried doing it offline & it's not working..... I'll wait for a other way 2 update sice the waninkoko installer say (experimental) under "offline installation" .....

By the way IF I update with nintendo do they update the boot2 (will I lost the abillity to install as boot2) ? & how do you guys update if you don't have wifi? with a disk having system menu on it ??

thanks
You can download the needed system menu wad and IOS with NUS Downloader or NUS Auto Downloader and install them. You can't loose the ability to modify boot2. Only people with the new wiis (like me) can't play backups from disk because the new hardware or modify boot2, because the new boot1 block this. Boot1 can't be modified, it's read-only, that's the problem. But you have the old boot1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh