ROM Hack Internet Radio on the DS

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think it is theoretically possible to hear at internet radio over the ds?

If yes, can you tell me what tools should i need to make the application? I mean, compilers, what language to use, forums where i could request help, etc...

I'd like to make an application for the ds but i don't know where to start '^^

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! but there is another problem, i was waiting until i got more info before starting saying it here.

Here is my plan to dominate the world via internet radio:

I want to study while listening internet radio, but i have a problem, in the library where i usually study, when a new wifi capable machine connects to the wifi lan, and trys to connect to the internet via a web explorer, the first petition is intercepted and the page to be displayed is replaced by a page that requests the user to input the user name and password.

There is no problem in putting the username and password but i cannot use the wifi as i'd like. Does someone know if there is a solution to that? Could I send some type of package to the AP to authenticate myself and the try to connect to the radio?

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've tried it multiple times, dso browser simply timesout (or gets an error he doesn't want to display)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the hard way is to spoof the DS's mac on your computer, login, then quickly disconnect your PC and connect your router. Or broadcast internet from an additional wireless card on your computer.

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Well, the hard way is to spoof the DS's mac on your computer, login, then quickly disconnect your PC and connect your router. Or broadcast internet from an additional wireless card on your computer.

If i have to take my laptop with me, i dont need the ds '^^

P.S.: What's the max bitrate the ds can play from internet, because i have problems with 96 bps at 44,1 kHz...
blink.gif

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xblackoutx said:
avi58 said:
i've tried it multiple times, dso browser simply timesout (or gets an error he doesn't want to display)

I get the exact same problem. DSorganize's browser is so goddamn crappy.

i've just tried to access www.google.com with dso browser and i have problems
cry.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't see the point on having internet radio on a handheld. If I'm going to be carrying around something that plays music, it might as well be an mp3 player, or a miniature FM radio
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try logging in with any other browser available. Bunjaloo, Opera DS, DSLinux even if you have slot-2 RAM available. Then reboot and start DSO and your radio stream. It may work, may not.

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
I personally don't see the point on having internet radio on a handheld. If I'm going to be carrying around something that plays music, it might as well be an mp3 player, or a miniature FM radio
smile.gif

I want a kind of radio that serves me with relaxing music, most of the radios here broadcast the lastest hits and that kind of music does not relax me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.