Internet connection & Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by pcpool, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007

Internet connection & Wiikey by pcpool at 9:32 PM (2,098 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. pcpool
    OP

Newcomer pcpool Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a Wii + wiikey. Before i managed to setup internet connection I have played a couple of "backup" games. I am not able to enter Wii settings and therefore setup my internet connection. Is there any way round this like for example resetting the wii or I am stuck now without an internet connection?

2. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    try to take out the battery for some hours.

3. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    i think he means unplug it for a few hours (unplug it over night and try in the morning)

4. pcpool
    OP

Newcomer pcpool Newbie

United Kingdom
    I took battery out all last night and still it won't let me go to the settings screen. It comes up saying that it can;t find a web address and telling to look at Opera help but I cannot click on anything on the screen except go back to the menu. Games work fine. Do I need to format the hard disk as well?

Will using the Wiikey disk help in any way. Should I wait for the official 1.9 release?

5. gaosipgao

Newcomer gaosipgao Newbie

United States
    Your wii is semi-bricked. You probably played a game with a different region than your wii (like playing a japanese game on an USA wii), and your firmware was not the latest.
    One way to fix it is to upgrade wiikey to 1.9g beta, and then play super mario galaxy WITH THE SAME REGION THAN YOUR WII. The game will install its own firmware, and your settings should come back.

(worked for me on a japanese wii)

6. NoNameFace

Member NoNameFace GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    your wii is semibricked.
    the only way to fix your wii is to find a game (same region as your wii) that contains a newer/latest firmware.

7. MrKuenning

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cool can I say it too?

your wii is semi-bricked.
    the only way to fix your wii is to find a game (same region as your wii) that contains a newer/latest firmware.