Misc Internet connection & Wiikey

pcpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii + wiikey. Before i managed to setup internet connection I have played a couple of "backup" games. I am not able to enter Wii settings and therefore setup my internet connection. Is there any way round this like for example resetting the wii or I am stuck now without an internet connection?

pcpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I took battery out all last night and still it won't let me go to the settings screen. It comes up saying that it can;t find a web address and telling to look at Opera help but I cannot click on anything on the screen except go back to the menu. Games work fine. Do I need to format the hard disk as well?

Will using the Wiikey disk help in any way. Should I wait for the official 1.9 release?

gaosipgao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your wii is semi-bricked. You probably played a game with a different region than your wii (like playing a japanese game on an USA wii), and your firmware was not the latest.
One way to fix it is to upgrade wiikey to 1.9g beta, and then play super mario galaxy WITH THE SAME REGION THAN YOUR WII. The game will install its own firmware, and your settings should come back.

(worked for me on a japanese wii)

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I took battery out all last night and still it won't let me go to the settings screen. It comes up saying that it can;t find a web address and telling to look at Opera help but I cannot click on anything on the screen except go back to the menu. Games work fine. Do I need to format the hard disk as well?

Will using the Wiikey disk help in any way. Should I wait for the official 1.9 release?

your wii is semibricked.
the only way to fix your wii is to find a game (same region as your wii) that contains a newer/latest firmware.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool can I say it too?

your wii is semi-bricked.
the only way to fix your wii is to find a game (same region as your wii) that contains a newer/latest firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1