Hacking Internet Channel - can't type into text boxes

redion1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I've got an issue with my Internet Channel. I have a PAL Wii, running 4.3E, with ModMii applied.
Basically, I cannot type into the Wii using the on-screen keyboard, unless I disable autocomplete by the drop-down list just under the display.
If I attempt to change the auto-complete language, the Wii freezes. This also occurs if I attempt to look at the Operations Guide for the Internet Channel.
Instead of displaying the text "Eng" in the language selection button, it is blank.
Once I hide the auto-complete list, I can type in searches, URLs, etc.
My best guess is that somehow I've wiped the dictionary that the Internet Channel uses. However, the same feature works fine on the Wii Message Board.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I've got an issue with my Internet Channel. I have a PAL Wii, running 4.3E, with ModMii applied.
Basically, I cannot type into the Wii using the on-screen keyboard, unless I disable autocomplete by the drop-down list just under the display.
If I attempt to change the auto-complete language, the Wii freezes. This also occurs if I attempt to look at the Operations Guide for the Internet Channel.
Instead of displaying the text "Eng" in the language selection button, it is blank.
Once I hide the auto-complete list, I can type in searches, URLs, etc.
My best guess is that somehow I've wiped the dictionary that the Internet Channel uses. However, the same feature works fine on the Wii Message Board.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
go to mod mii an grab the internet channel for your region, redownload it. then reinstall see if this fixes the problem.could be you have a older version of internet if you didn't update every thing the first time..

redion1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, never noticed this thread actually got a reply!

I've done that multiple times, I'm afraid. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of - even going as far as building a new 4.3E NAND and installing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.