Homebrew internet browser OFF dsi

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an internet browser, like the dsi's one, but for the lite?
i tried bujalo, the only page i could open was google

(and on another topic, is there a ds game creator, for medium level designers? (i dont want it to be like freaking D.I.Y, but i dont want it to be like actionscript either))

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmph.. I have no idea what bujalo is, but I shall now assume it is a rare home brew browser? Assuming that, I believe DSOrganize has a cute little browser in it... also there is DSHobro < or something like that , all of this is home brew, which requires a flashcard, so if bujalo isn't home brew, then please notify me, and I shall edit this post so I don't look like an idiot
wink.gif

Oopsies. Bently posted at the same time as me... so... ignore the thing about DSOrganize on my post.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Bunjalloo"... not Bunjalo, Bunjaloo, or any of the other common misspellings.
And it's not rare: http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/

In my opinion, DSOrganize's browser is more stable but isn't as full-featured as Bunjalloo.
DSO doesn't seem to open images well and has some odd formatting/layout issues.

DSHoBro (http://costello.dev-fr.org/) is great and fast since it renders and converts the page from your PC before sending it to your DS, but the app has issues on Windows Vista/7. There is a workaround where you can leave the error message OPEN on your PC and just hide it in the corner then connect manually to your PC's IP.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ill try all 3
smile.gif

and yes i have an acekard 2i (becuase im getting a dsi soon, but dont have it yet) but bunjaloo (or whatever) would only load google, all else was error

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
If you happen to have the 3-1 Expansion Pack, there's also the Nintendo DS Browser. It's very much like the DSi Browser.

D

Deleted-236924

fgghjjkll said:
If you happen to have the 3-1 Expansion Pack, there's also the Nintendo DS Browser. It's very much like the DSi Browser.
If not exactly the same.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the acekard has no build in ram. the ram comes in a slot 2 thing (the gba slot). but I have to say that, from what I've read the build in DSi browser is faster and better than the DS browser. becaus it has 4 mb ram more (build-in) and one of the cpu's is a bit faster.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I believe the DSi browser is many times better than the DS browser because IIRC, the DSi browser allows the user to start viewing the page as it loads rather than loading the entire page before being able to view it (thus it looks like it goes a ton faster).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
bluebowser31 said:
and im asuming the acekard has no ram right?
you're probably mistaking. The DS Browser is Nintendo/Opera's official DS Browser, and it requires you to have extra ram in the GBA slot: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/browser.jsp
You read what he said wrong.

He's saying that the AceKard doesn't have RAM... which is correct.
If you have an AceKard (or any Slot-1 device for that matter) you will need a Slot-2 RAM Expansion Pack -- either the official one that comes with the DS Browser or a 3rd Party device like the EZFlash 3-in-1.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
wait WTF theyve had a nintendo made ds browser all these years?!?!?

wow i feal extreamly stupid now
frown.gif
mhm :] so I didn't read you wrong xD. Yeah, Nintendo has an official browser for the DS/DSL, both are different since the GBA slot is different shapes. DSi comes with its own browser via the shop.

the homebrew browsers as far as I remember is:
DSOrganize - pretty fast, but junk with sites with scripts and images
Bunjalloo - decent browser, not as fast as DSO, but its all g
DSHobro (? I think it was) - Best browser...if you're willing to host a server, or could find a friend that'll host one for you. Basicly it sends data from PC to the DS, thus being able to see stuff as the PC would see it. However, not a very good solution unless you're already running your own server.

those are all the ones I remember from back in the old days :3

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, Bunjalloo has actually been updated many times over the past few years (in the DS-homebrew world this is sadly quite rare) and has become far more stable that the DSO browser. Go ahead, give it a try. DSO crashes and Bunjalloo doesn't (very often).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night