ROM Hack International Games

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the oldest Nintendo ds right now. I have not played it for a year already and I own a Clyclo ds. I was trying to download a Europe and Korean game to my ds, but it did not showed up on my ds screen. Is it because I have a USA Ds or is there something wrong with my system? THANKS!!

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I just download a USA game and it still did not showed up on my DS. Is there something wrong with my system or my Cyclo?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
inaee46 said:
I have the oldest Nintendo ds right now. I have not played it for a year already and I own a Clyclo ds. I was trying to download a Europe and Korean game to my ds, but it did not showed up on my ds screen. Is it because I have a USA Ds or is there something wrong with my system? THANKS!!

Not all firmwares have iQue support. Only one I know of is AKAIO.

There might be more though.

EDIT: Hmm, actually iQue was chinese not korean so I dunno.

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the same issue with usa games. I check the codes and its the same when u told me to right click properties. But I will update asap

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how do I do that! You have been such a great help, but I need one more step please. I realize that when I was downloading it, it was ns5, why is that?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some release groups like to rename some of the letters into numbers just to make it not as obvious for big N's search engines to find the ROMs, there are other reasons too.
To rename the extension, just right-click the ROM and select 'Rename' then you can delete the '.nd5' and change it to '.nds'

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why it it was downloaded as a ".nd5" file, but to change it, just right-click it, select rename, and change the "5" to an "s". That should be all you need to do in order to have the files recognized. And as stated before, DS games are not region locked, and can be played on a DS from any region without issue (assuming you understand the language it is in).

Double-ninja'd. Damn I'm slow.

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will try that asap and I hope it works! That won't mess up the files if I change it? Thank you so much and I will keep you up to date!

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inaee46 said:
Okay I will try that asap and I hope it works! That won't mess up the files if I change it? Thank you so much and I will keep you up to date!
Alright
wink.gif
And renaming the game doesn't mess up the ROM.

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMGOSH It works!! Thank you so much guys!!! This is why I love this forum!!! THANK you so much! I had to help my bro download maple story, being the nice sister that I am. Thank you again!

Posts merged

Does it also mean that I should be looking for games through ND5 and not NDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1