Hacking instructions to use R4DS?

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got the R4DS in the mail today and now I don't know what to do next? I got 5 pieces of equipment. Kingston 1GB MicroSD, Kingston MicroSD ADAPTER, R4 Card, TransFlash USB 2.0 & CD-rom. What's the MicroSD adapter for?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
when ur putting games onto the MicroSD card, then you'll need to plug the microSD card into ur comp, hence the microSD reader.

for putting games on and putting all the folders and the software and everything, dont even touch the CD it comes with. check this guy out

http://blogs.moddz.com/trolleyguy/

i've never used the CD, and this guy's a genius

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
The adapter that comes with the microSD card can be used if your PC has an SD card slot, or if you have an SD card reader already. Otherwise just use the usb reader that came with your R4ds. It's just a different way of connecting the microSD card to the computer.

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I don't have a SD card slot on my comp so i just stick the microSD into the USB reader and then plug it into the usb ports?

S

spectral

Yes, the adapter is just something that comes with most micro sd cards so that they can be used on the older, more common SD card readers. To use our R4 what you need to do is put it in the USB reader and plug it into the PC. Then go to the R4 website and download the latest firmware. Unzip the firmware onto the MicroSD card and put you roms on there too. Disconnect it from the PC once everything is coppied over and just put it in the R4, then put the R4 in the NDS.

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh which side do of the microSD do I put it facing in the USB reader? the one with words or the yellow lines?

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I got the card formatted and copied firmware & rom. When I try to play the rom on my NDS lite a blue error came up but disappeared fast so I don't know why it won't play

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
smile.gif
it seems that its easier for some people to just buy games from store

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
A quick blue error... sounds like what you get when you boot moonshell. Did you chose the left hand option on the main menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative