Installing Virtual Console Games - Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scotty6kids, Jun 14, 2009.

1. scotty6kids
    OP

scotty6kids Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    Hi,

I have managed to download some virtual console games which I have copied to a directory called wad with is on the root on my memory, using the WAD manager I have installed these games and they are now on their own channels on the Wii Home Screen.

The problem I have is that they dont work, when I try and load them I get an error telling me that I cant access the channel. (or something like that)

is this is common issue and is there a pretty easy fix for it? my Wii is loaded with the gamma loader + 002 fix.

Hopefully someone can advise.

Thanks

Scott

Oh - dont know if it matters but my Wii is a PAL version and I have the system 4 software on it and it works with backup disks.

2. skawo96

skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 22, 2008
    Are the channels from your region? Are you trying to boot them from SD card menu?

3. personager

personager GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    You usually get that message if the WADs are not from your own region

4. scotty6kids
    OP

scotty6kids Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    Hi, they are a mixture of PAL and NTSC games, they have all installed OK. The only way that I know how to boot this is by installing then and then clicking on the channel with the game I want to play. Is there anyone way that I should be doing?

5. personager

personager GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    That's the only way, as far as I know

6. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Several options:
    - Make the wads regionfree on PC and install again
    - Install preloader and enable the 'regionfree channels' hack
    - Launch channels through Gecko OS

7. scotty6kids
    OP

scotty6kids Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    what would be the best? bearing in mind that I am not overly confident in my wii hacking ability.

I have just trying to find some details of Gecko and I cant, what is it?

also the way I have found to make wads region free is using a program called "freemywads" and this says that it does not work with system 4 or SNES / Genesis / Megadrive games.

Mega confused now.

8. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    If you don't want to mess around too much and want to keep it easy, Gecko OS is the way to go
    It's a homebrew application you run from HBC. And from that application, you then launch the channel
    Get it here http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os