XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@Anon10W1z & @[member='XFlak']: Guy's... I was on about the GUI version, not the one used by ModMii. -_-

As ModMii works perfectly for me, even without a internet connection.
Same thing man. Command line version works just like the GUI, but the GUI was created first, AFAIK.

EDIT: What I bolded....how the heck is that possible??? :blink:
once you have had it download something once it is stored in a temp folder. So if you have ModMii download everything then you can take it portably and use it without an internet connection to do all of that stuff.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Anon10W1z & @[member='XFlak']: Guy's... I was on about the GUI version, not the one used by ModMii. -_-

As ModMii works perfectly for me, even without a internet connection.
Same thing man. Command line version works just like the GUI, but the GUI was created first, AFAIK.

EDIT: What I bolded....how the heck is that possible??? :blink:
once you have had it download something once it is stored in a temp folder. So if you have ModMii download everything then you can take it portably and use it without an internet connection to do all of that stuff.
Well, that's semi-impractical, considering how much size everything will take up.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Everything takes up about 1GB, but most people don't have a need for 3.2 & 4.1-4.3 System Menu's of all 4 regions, and those system menu's alone take up about 330MB. Not to mention all the other duplicate region files, e.g. most people don't need the internet channel for all regions, just one (if that). And there are other files most people don't need, so if I had to estimate the temp folder size for the average ModMii user it's probably about 400MB, give or take 100MB. And those are all files that you woulda had to download anyway if using some other stickied guide. AND you can always delete the temp folder if you really care bad enough to recover about half a gig.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything takes up about 1GB, but most people don't have a need for 3.2 & 4.1-4.3 System Menu's of all 4 regions, and those system menu's alone take up about 330MB. Not to mention all the other duplicate region files, e.g. most people don't need the internet channel for all regions, just one (if that). And there are other files most people don't need, so if I had to estimate the temp folder size for the average ModMii user it's probably about 400MB, give or take 100MB. And those are all files that you woulda had to download anyway if using some other stickied guide. AND you can always delete the temp folder if you really care bad enough to recover about half a gig.
Still, I value storage very much. (You can ask why later; long story)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's well worth it, ModMii can build many many many different cIOSs from a single IOS saved to the temp folder. And you never know when NUS is going to go down for awhile so it's convenient to keep important files backed up. I have total confidence knowing that I have a complete ModMii temp folder, because it doesn't matter whether i have internet or not, I can prepare an SD card for ANY of ModMii's functions, whether I'm in Canada, Japan or Greece, makes no difference.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's well worth it, ModMii can build many many many different cIOSs from a single IOS saved to the temp folder. And you never know when NUS is going to go down for awhile so it's convenient to keep important files backed up. I have total confidence knowing that I have a complete ModMii temp folder, because it doesn't matter whether i have internet or not, I can prepare an SD card for ANY of ModMii's functions, whether I'm in Canada, Japan or Greece, makes no difference.
Well, considering the size of today's hard drives...I accept your arguments.

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You realize that even softmodded Wii's can still legitimately purchase titles from the shopping channel right?
This game haven't been released in american region

it's really fun to play Band Brothers / JWtB with friends and good quality audio from the Wii, but the PAL version of the game do not work with the japanese channel. so, I play the Band Brothers instead, but i'm not very used to the japanese menus.

thanks for help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol