Hacking Installing System channels from another region

Isle41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried installing the Korean Mii Channel (0004001000027700.cia, acquirable through UpdateCDN) although it doesn't show up, I'm attributing this to the fact I forgot to region free the CIA. I can't however figure out how to make the cia region free, no converter from cia to 3ds is working so I can't do it manually.

Anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

(I recognize it has very little practical use but help me out here)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You can't region free system titles without braking the sig checks. I don't think Gateway patched that otherwise we'd be able to install custom theme CIAs as well. (System titles that install to NAND have different sig checks then the normal games/homebrew CIAs.)

Also don't even think about trying to do this to sysnand unless you want a brick. :P

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't region free system titles without braking the sig checks. I don't think Gateway patched that otherwise we'd be able to install custom theme CIAs as well.

Also don't even think about trying to do this to sysnand unless you want a brick. :P

Couldn't you launch them from regionthree by modifying the title ID and adjusting the command? I've launched various apps from around my sysNAND so I'd imagine it *might* work.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You can try launching it from within DevMan. BigRedMenu is getting this feature too I think.

EDIT: Actually because it's a system title it most likely won't show up in DevMan. It will show up in BigRedMenu though, so if the dev added the launch feature yet, you can use that instead. The launch function of DevMan/BigRedMenu ignores region lock I believe.

Isle41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't region free system titles without braking the sig checks. I don't think Gateway patched that otherwise we'd be able to install custom theme CIAs as well. (System titles that install to NAND have different sig checks then the normal games/homebrew CIAs.)

Oh I see.

And I already installed it in sysnand... my sysnand seems fine but for anyone reading would not advice installing an invisible worthless channel.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well out of region titles might not brick. But trying to alter them to be region free then installing will most likely brick. Though bricking won't happen unless it's something the 3DS needs to boot. Otherwise the 3DS will just refuse to boot the offending program. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head