Hacking Installing SXcore modchip...next steps?

aunsoenr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Central African Republic
Hi all,

I have a Nintendo switch and SX core modchip. Bought both of them last year and because of the pandemic, just did not have time to install it and get it going. I think the switch hasn't even powered on since November.

I have it all pulled apart and soldering in the chip now, but I noticed the team executer website is down. So I have some questions:

1. What do I do after I solder in the chip? Where do I get the OS, sd card files from?
2. Is it safe to connect to network? Wifi user/pass is saved, worried connecting to network will install the latest firmware and cause issues?

Thanks,

ther1v3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell the SX teams site is down, if you're booting stock sysnand without any modifications you "should" be fine to connect to the network.

As far as setting up the custom firmware you'll probably need to end up using an alternative bootloader (look up) SpaceCraftNX

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a Nintendo switch and SX core modchip. Bought both of them last year and because of the pandemic, just did not have time to install it and get it going. I think the switch hasn't even powered on since November.

I have it all pulled apart and soldering in the chip now, but I noticed the team executer website is down. So I have some questions:

1. What do I do after I solder in the chip? Where do I get the OS, sd card files from?
2. Is it safe to connect to network? Wifi user/pass is saved, worried connecting to network will install the latest firmware and cause issues?

Thanks,
  1. We cannot help you get those files as it is against the rules of this forum to share those files
  2. If you haven't run any CFW or homebrew, you should be fine for now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw