PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
i unlinked my sysnand and emunand but still cant access eshop on emunand, i tried linking my nnid on the sysnand but keep getting prompted to update
Go into EmuNAND make sure you are unlinked and on EmuNAND and just System Update to 10.3.0-28 from System Settings then you can link your NNID on EmuNAND and access eshop again. (Dont update on SysNAND EVER otherwise you cant use EmuNAND and cias etc)

Make sure you have FBI.cia installed from the injected H&S app before you update otherwise you might not be able to continue using .cias after you update.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

solbad97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried that but i got an error when going into the NNID settings, my sysNAND is on 9.2.0-20u while the emuNAND is on 10.3.0-28u, i had formatted the sysNAND to unlink the two

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Error Code: 022-2634
Ahh, That error happened to me aswell and was caused from having your NNID linked on the SysNAND while you were making the EmuNAND. What you need to do is a bit annoying.

Heres a Quote from my Post on a different thread:
1 - Backup your EmuNAND in EmuNand9 tool just in case - Also backup all your saves with your preferred Homebrew;
2 - Put your SD Card in your PC and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder and EmuNand backup and store it somewhere;
3 - Put SD Card back into the 3DS and boot up EmuNand in rxMode. Make sure your Nands are unlinked this is really important;
4 - If they are unlinked go into System Settings and make sure it says RX-E {your version}. Once you confirmed your on EmuNand go click "Format Memory";
5 - Dont take out your SD Card etc just leave it format with your SD Card in it, Once its done simply setup your 3DS until you get to the Home Menu;
6 - Once at he Home Menu Head into System Settings and click "Nintendo Network ID Settings" (Making sure you have updated your Emunand to the latest firmware);
7 - If your on the latest fw it will let you signup/link your NNID. Go ahead and link any NNID to your system;
8 - Now DO NOT install your Backed Up EmuNAND.bin file. That will just put you back to Step 3 doing nothing in your favor;
9 - Now you need to open up SysNAND and format its Memory aswell to re-unlink the Nands. (Important).
10 - Once you set it up again and your at the Home Menu, Go into the Theme Change button and let it add stuff to the SD;
11 - Go ahead and use Browserhax to Get into HBL and resetup Menuhax;
12 - Now go back into EmuNand and simply reinstall all your Games and inject all your saves with SaveDataFiler.
Now go ahead update for example Triforce Heroes and online play, eShop, Mii-verse EVERYTHING will work Splendid!

jAquaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit.
" I get kicked out of eShop and into the home menu, where all of my downloaded games AND cias are gone."
Im assuming when you got kicked out you were put into SysNAND, Do you have rxTools set to coldboot?

"one is rx9.2, and the other is just 9.2"
RX-E/U/J 9.2.0-20 is EmuNAND Ver. 9.2.0-20E/U/J is SysNAND. Just go into EmuNAND and use System Update to get back to RX-E 10.3 but first make sure you are still unlinked.

"On checking the system settings->3ds->software on sysNAND, it says all cias are installed (?!). On checking the same thing in emuNAND, they are also already installed, but greyed out with an x."

Dont try to install stuff through SysNAND theres is absolutely no point and doing that can cause serious issues and in some cases a brick.

Go into SysNAND and delete all software like FBI and BBM from SysNAND, Boot up "HBL" and hold L while opening rxTools from HBL it will boot you into a Menu, Go over to Advanced Settings and Reinject FBI making sure your TMD version is correct. Im assuming you know how to do this since you read the other guys tutorial.

Now just boot up EmuNAND with rxMode and open H&S. It should boot into FBI, Go install FBI.cia and BBM.cia and see if that works.

For the eShop issue im assuming your trying to Update an EU app with a US update (Example) so it gives an error. Unsure why it kicked you out doe.
Ok, I tried what you suggested. Before, I did nothing with TMD, now I got the right version on my root. I am able to startup FBI BUT: the icon is that of bbm, and the preview of the application on the home menu is Health & Safety Information. When I go into FBI, I can't install any cia, including FBI or BBM. I get an error.
Install failed!
Could not finalize installation.
Raw error: 0xc8804478
Module: FS (0x11)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Not found (0x4)
Description: Title not found (0x78)

Press start to continue

This happens for every .cia, same numbers. When I try to reinstall, it says the file is already installed, even though it clearly isn't on home menu. When I go into system settings for emuNAND, however, the files are all there: hblauncher, tinyformat, FBI.

I exit, check my sysnand, and there are 4 mystery softwares (grey question marks). I installed three on the emunand, I'm guessing the fourth one was my attempt at installing the bbm .cia file.

What I was recommended to do is to format my sysNAND. Do you think I should do this? At this state, I have two NANDs that are acting like they're linked, but I can't be certain if they are. I unlinked them a while back, then after my mishap, I reinjected the same NAND into both, emuNAND and sysNAND. Do you think I should go ahead and reformat one of them? If so, which one and how should I go about it(what risks am I getting myself into)? I really don't know how to reformat; is it from the 3ds system settings or some other homebrew/gateway access?

Last edited by jAquaD,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, I tried what you suggested. Before, I did nothing with TMD, now I got the right version on my root. I am able to startup FBI BUT: the icon is that of bbm, and the preview of the application on the home menu is Health & Safety Information. When I go into FBI, I can't install any cia, including FBI or BBM. I get an error.
Install failed!
Could not finalize installation.
Raw error: 0xc8804478
Summary: Not found (0x4)
Description: Title not found (0x78)

Press start to continue

This happens for every .cia, same numbers. When I try to reinstall, it says the file is already installed, even though it clearly isn't on home menu. When I go into system settings for emuNAND, however, the files are all there: hblauncher, tinyformat, FBI.

I exit, check my sysnand, and there are 4 mystery softwares (grey question marks). I installed three on the emunand, I'm guessing the fourth one was my attempt at installing the bbm .cia file.

What I was recommended to do is to format my sysNAND. Do you think I should do this? At this state, I have two NANDs that are acting like they're linked, but I can't be certain if they are. I unlinked them a while back, then after my mishap, I reinjected the same NAND into both, emuNAND and sysNAND. Do you think I should go ahead and reformat one of them? If so, which one and how should I go about it(what risks am I getting myself into)? I really don't know how to reformat; is it from the 3ds system settings or some other homebrew/gateway access?
If I were you I would just start over with my tutorial because if you were to get issues with my tutorial atleast theres a troubleshooter for all known issues that I have come across doing my method 3 times. I think you just screwed up somewhere with the other guys tutorial.

If you want to Start over its very easy. Just do this:
Open HBL > EmuNand9 Tool > SD Format Options > Do the first 3 Format Options = SD Card completely blank as if it was brand new. Backup your 3ds folder with all your tools if you wish but nothing else realistically is needed to backup as it will be replaced anyways with my tutorial.

Then just Format your SysNAND and start at Step 1 of my tutorial then you should be flying.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

jAquaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would just start over with my tutorial because if you were to get issues with my tutorial atleast theres a troubleshooter for all known issues that I have come across doing my method 3 times. I think you just screwed up somewhere with the other guys tutorial.
I want to start over, but what do I do? I think I have to format, but do I format through the 3ds system setting? If so, would it be through the emuNAND or sysNAND?

Thanks for guiding me, btw, and also you're guide is more in depth. Appreciate it. :)

Reactions: PRAGMA

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I want to start over, but what do I do? I think I have to format, but do I format through the 3ds system setting? If so, would it be through the emuNAND or sysNAND?

Thanks for guiding me, btw, and also you're guide is more in depth. Appreciate it. :)
I edited the post about starting over not sure if you noticed.

jAquaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited the post about starting over not sure if you noticed.
Ok, I just checked your edits. I don't have emuNand9 tool access from homebrew, I only used it to extract NAND or inject NAND into emuNAND through my PC. I did reformat sysNAND, but my emuNAND is still there. Can I simply go to my SD card, delete EVERYTHING, and reformat a factory reset 3DS?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, I just checked your edits. I don't have emuNand9 tool access from homebrew, I only used it to extract NAND or inject NAND into emuNAND through my PC. I did reformat sysNAND, but my emuNAND is still there. Can I simply go to my SD card, delete EVERYTHING, and reformat a factory reset 3DS?
No the emuNand is stored in a hidden partition. Thats why theres randomly 1gb out of your SD cards total space. You need to get the EmuNand9 tool here: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest add it to your HBL launcher load it up from HBL and follow the edits I made to remove the EmuNAND. Its important you remove EmuNAND.

The only other way to remove it is if you get a Partition Manager PC app but trust me if you dont know what your doing you will brick your SD card o.o did it 2 times on my SD and one time on my HDD about a year ago but im smarter now and fixed the 2 of em :D

Last edited by PRAGMA,
Reactions: jAquaD

solbad97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to work thank you! but one last thing, i used an emuNAND tool i found (is a pc program) and extracted my last emuNAND before the format, so how would i go about restoring my Friends list, digital games and save data?

Last edited by solbad97,

darklightning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your tutorial it says to format SD cards using FAT but my SD card doesn't Support it as all SD cards over 2GB do. Should I format it with FAT32?

jAquaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the emuNand is stored in a hidden partition. Thats why theres randomly 1gb out of your SD cards total space. You need to get the EmuNand9 tool here: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest add it to your HBL launcher load it up from HBL and follow the edits I made to remove the EmuNAND. Its important you remove EmuNAND.

The only other way to remove it is if you get a Partition Manager PC app but trust me if you dont know what your doing you will brick your SD card o.o did it 2 times on my SD and one time on my HDD about a year ago but im smarter now and fixed the 2 of em :D
Ok, I was able to get EmuNAND9 to do it's thing, now my SD card has significantly more space, but I still don't have my Health & Safety Information app. This suggests to me that there might still me remnants of my previous tinkering. Is it safe to go through your tutorial with the Health & Safety Information app missing from my home menu?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice formatting. One thing I instantly saw was a flaw in your microSD setup, you can't right-click format cards bigger than 32GB with windows directly, it won't let you format to FAT32, only exFAT which the 3DS won't read. There are specific tools needed to do that.

And yes you absolutely have to select FAT32 for anything above 2GB, you can't even select FAT then, I don't see why you put in red letters NOT FAT32? FAT is up to 2GB, then FAT32 up to 32GB and for bigger cards you need an extra tool like guiformat to format to FAT32.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: darklightning

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Unlinking is indeed safer, but not needed if you don't want to, it is preffered on a N3DS if you want to use MenuHax without problems.
If you argue about unwrapping giftboxes everytime, if you boot CFW through MenuHax, you don't have to do that anymore.

I for instant have 2 O3DS systems with legit bought games on it and i like to keep them in my sysnand in case i ever update,
i can just update sysnand and keep all games on it, no need to relink nnid and redownload everyting, also my saves from sysnand will still be there afterwards.

I boot with MenuHax straight into CFW, and the first icons ore homebrew, so if i ever boot into sysnand, i'll notice anyway.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
i got it to work thank you! but one last thing, i used an emuNAND tool i found (is a pc program) and extracted my last emuNAND before the format, so how would i go about restoring my Friends list, digital games and save data?
I dont believe you can restore your Friends List. For games and save data, I believe you can re-download them from eShop but for the save data you cant. The only way you would of been able to is if you used Save Data Filer to export the save files from the Downloaded Games. For cartridges the Save Data should still be there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In your tutorial it says to format SD cards using FAT but my SD card doesn't Support it as all SD cards over 2GB do. Should I format it with FAT32?
I could explain a way to remake your MBR that will make it allow you to use FAT but I know you will screw up your SD card if you were to try as the process is very different for each person. You can try with FAT32 but I personally have had issues getting my SD being able to be read by my 3DS when I formatted with FAT32 but I believe that is a Region kind of thing.

Ok, I was able to get EmuNAND9 to do it's thing, now my SD card has significantly more space, but I still don't have my Health & Safety Information app. This suggests to me that there might still me remnants of my previous tinkering. Is it safe to go through your tutorial with the Health & Safety Information app missing from my home menu?
Yes dont worry the same thing happened to me where the H&S app was completely missing after a fresh start dont worry it will be fine if you continue with my Tutorial.

Nice formatting. One thing I instantly saw was a flaw in your microSD setup, you can't right-click format cards bigger than 32GB with windows directly, it won't let you format to FAT32, only exFAT which the 3DS won't read. There are specific tools needed to do that.

And yes you absolutely have to select FAT32 for anything above 2GB, you can't even select FAT then, I don't see why you put in red letters NOT FAT32? FAT is up to 2GB, then FAT32 up to 32GB and for bigger cards you need an extra tool like guiformat to format to FAT32.
Im unsure about that but with my 32GB Card it couldnt be read if I chose FAT32 but my sisters does. I think this is because im using a Micro SD to SD Card Adapter. Ill update the post.

Unlinking is indeed safer, but not needed if you don't want to, it is preffered on a N3DS if you want to use MenuHax without problems.
If you argue about unwrapping giftboxes everytime, if you boot CFW through MenuHax, you don't have to do that anymore.

I for instant have 2 O3DS systems with legit bought games on it and i like to keep them in my sysnand in case i ever update,
i can just update sysnand and keep all games on it, no need to relink nnid and redownload everyting, also my saves from sysnand will still be there afterwards.

I boot with MenuHax straight into CFW, and the first icons ore homebrew, so if i ever boot into sysnand, i'll notice anyway.
I would recommend you to Unlink if you havent there are a ton of issues that can come up every now and then if you dont unlink. For example depending on your Region and depending on your Console your sysNAND could Auto update in Sleep Mode which will give you issues. It wouldnt give issues if you unlinked and Coldbooted because you would never be on sysNAND for it to even start the update. It would start on emuNAND but it wouldnt matter at that point.

Reactions: jAquaD and solbad97

solbad97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe you can restore your Friends List. For games and save data, I believe you can re-download them from eShop but for the save data you cant. The only way you would of been able to is if you used Save Data Filer to export the save files from the Downloaded Games. For cartridges the Save Data should still be there.

Last edited by solbad97,

solbad97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i installed savedatafiler.cia everything went fine but when i tried installing a game i get this

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc86044d2
Summary: Out of resource (0x3)
Description: Unkown descrption (0xd2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ