Homebrew Installing Legit CIAs With Slowhax(List Of CIA IDs In Post)

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant you use Hans or Region Free to launch installed games for other regions or will that not work?I heard that the tickets alone from other places dont work but maybe cias can.
Didn't think about using hans. As for region free it only lets me select game cards. It wont let me select any installed games, if i select it without a game card there's no game to chose from.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Soulsilve2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat,if you got tickets in your ticket folder and use FBI you can install the games after Waithax.I had to go to the ticket folder in "SD" since some tickets seemed not to show up in the "Tickets" option.So if you want to save tickets for later downloading you can.I know i gotta wait.Haven't tried anything out of region yet.

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat,if you got tickets in your ticket folder and use FBI you can install the games after Waithax.I had to go to the ticket folder in "SD" since some tickets seemed not to show up in the "Tickets" option.So if you want to save tickets for later downloading you can.I know i gotta wait.Haven't tried anything out of region yet.
That's what i'm gonna try with green version ticket i'll let you know how it goes in about an hour haha.

Soulsilve2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test success
JPN

Monster Hunter X

EU
Super Smash Bros

Region Free
Pokemon Red

Test Fail
JPN

Pokemon Green
Pokemon Red

So some out of region tickets are installable,the Pokemon games failed for some reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Japan Pokemon games were wrongly signed,other people might have better luck.
I keep getting mixed responses on if out of region tickets work or not,I mean i dont got the room to confirm but FBI did try to install the games.

Oh and also my "Slowhax" folder contains the compiled version of the dsiware hax install which is bundled with slowhax so if your downgrading just use that isntead on just waithax.

Last edited by Soulsilve2010,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note:There is obviously no known DSi Ware titles that are legit CIAs.
I remember getting a Mario-themed DSi back when the DSi was still new, which came with 5 DSiWare titles pre-installed. They acted the exact same way legit CIAs do, even with stuff like transfers involved.
This is probably completely irrelevant as the DSi likely doesn't use any formats the 3DS will accept as "legit", and the DSi hacking scene is dead anyways, but I just want to make sure this was known.

Soulsilve2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember getting a Mario-themed DSi back when the DSi was still new, which came with 5 DSiWare titles pre-installed. They acted the exact same way legit CIAs do, even with stuff like transfers involved.
This is probably completely irrelevant as the DSi likely doesn't use any formats the 3DS will accept as "legit", and the DSi hacking scene is dead anyways, but I just want to make sure this was known.

Pretty cool actually,would it be possible for those DSi wares to be system transferred?Or them to be dumped as legit cias?

Edit-Don't know how useful those titles can be right now.

Last edited by Soulsilve2010,

Glink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Legit CIAs of games released before September 2015 generally can be played outside the native region by using HANs.
So technically USA's Mario & Luigi: Dream Team legit CIA can be played on a EUR/JP 3DS by using HANs.

September 2015 - onwards games that don't support Hans without the XML file(?) this is mainly because it has an extra layer of security.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden EUR
New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward EUR
Monster Hunter Generations EUR
Yokai Watch both US 2015 and EUR 2016 versions

Gen 1 Pokémon, Gen 7 Pokémon and Super Mario World VC are 'region free' but for gen 1 games, only the native version (eg JP Pkmn Green = JP 3DS) will support eShop repairs to run the game properly.

Abunaiy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So with a japanese N3ds

I got this to work

Pokemon yellow, blue, red, x, y, o and s
New Super mario

Monster hunter generations doesnt work as its eu region, will try with other region games just to test

I dont find how to install a legit cia from seed, in title menu of fbi i cant choose sd card

Soulsilve2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with a japanese N3ds

I got this to work

Pokemon yellow, blue, red, x, y, o and s
New Super mario

Monster hunter generations doesnt work as its eu region, will try with other region games just to test

I dont find how to install a legit cia from seed, in title menu of fbi i cant choose sd card

The seeds go into a FBI folder on the sd card root.For seeds:Root>FBI>seeds.Tickets are what you need to pick for the installing.For tickets you use Root>tickets.So you need 2 separate folders on your roots.You try using the FBI I put into a Slowhax folder?What im sayign is I dont think you can install from seeds alone.

Soulsilve2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waithax? Can someone explain and this works on a unmodified 3DS?

Waithax lets you do some things you normally can't.If you can get into the homebrew launcher then you can use this.My 3ds is on 11.0.33u and the only modification I have is homebrew launcher.If you dont know about the homebrew channel just google smelums site for the launcher.If you want to use it it takes an hour to complete hence "Waithax/Slowhax".

Reactions: Something whatever

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Waithax lets you do some things you normally can't.If you can get into the homebrew launcher then you can use this.My 3ds is on 11.0.33u and the only modification I have is homebrew launcher.If you dont know about the homebrew channel just google smelums site for the launcher.If you want to use it it takes an hour to complete hence "Waithax/Slowhax".

Ahh! Got yea! I'm on 11.2 n3ds but I can access HB

@Something whatever, besides what @Soulsilve2010 said, this was patched on 11.2, so you need to be atmost on 11.1
So I have to downgrade somehow

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So it seems like nobody knows if the CIA downloaded from eshop after installing a legit seed and ticket will become legit too. Don't worry, I'll test it today. Will be a long way to go tho, I live in a place where a snail is faster than the average internet speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: