Homebrew Installing DS VC titles while using CBHC

Garvorious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just had a question about installing titles via wupinstaller & injected titles.
So far, I've only been playing around with NES/N64 titles, but wanted to go further by installing other titles such as Nintendo DS titles.

As of right now I have CBHC installed using a genuine purchased copy of Brain Age.

Now I understand I will *never* install a copy of that game to my Wii U, but am I able to install other DS titles such as Mario 64 DS, Spirit Tracks, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Through the same method such as wupinstaller.

Wanting to triple check before proceeding. Thanks in advance!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the title id won't match. tickets contain title id (not game name but the one with a 5 in the id about midway down the ticket). chances are it won't even be in the same ticket bucket. crunchryoll and zelda, for example, are in the same ticket. I don't know if there's a logic to it, but you should be good doing what you're asking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I've been toying around new super mario bros. ds saves and whatnot recently and I have cbhc installed with brain age. no issues.

Garvorious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know! Thank you! Anytime I go near wupinstaller I always get anxious moving titles to the USB and risk bricking my poor Wii U :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've deleted tickets before while on cbhc. as long as you know what you're doing, you should be good. wup is safe.

ZiRoN321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can suggest you use WUP Installer GX2, it is the current recommended version and has never given me issues.

CoolChrisyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just had a question about installing titles via wupinstaller & injected titles.
So far, I've only been playing around with NES/N64 titles, but wanted to go further by installing other titles such as Nintendo DS titles.

As of right now I have CBHC installed using a genuine purchased copy of Brain Age.

Now I understand I will *never* install a copy of that game to my Wii U, but am I able to install other DS titles such as Mario 64 DS, Spirit Tracks, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Through the same method such as wupinstaller.

Wanting to triple check before proceeding. Thanks in advance!
If someone hypothetically DID install over their copy of brain age with WUP installer GX. Could they recover the original ticket and avoid a brick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month