Gaming Installing A Custom Firmware Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_queso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this technique work for firmwares 3.80+? I'm getting my PSP Slim tomorrow, and I'm getting confused with all of the different programs out there.

If my understanding is correct, creating your own Pandora battery via software requires a lower firmware, but for this techinque, it doesn't matter.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works with every/any firmware. It's more like the firmware doesn't matter, since Pandora Battery and Magic MS writes directly to NAND.

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I got a psp slim and tried to open the battery but ended up ripping a silver wiry thingy on the circuit board. I just left it alone because the psp wouldn't turn on with the battery. Can't I just order the datel tool battery an d then use that for normal use using a multi boot loader I believe?
Edit: Nevermind I found some phat batteries at kmart for 2 for $23 and it worked like a charm. The first battery got messed up but now I got 3.71m33!

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup yup, same for me too. Even though I did it a few weeks ago.
tongue.gif

six-five-two

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do we have to take out the memory stick first then stop USB connection? What does this have to do with loading the firmware?

DDRJake

Trophies
XP
Country
My battery is made in Japan. The guide says only ones made in China will be hard moddable. I could do with some testimony on this.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used this guide and put custom firmware on 2 slim psp's, very simple! thank you
biggrin.gif

Also, for people who want to convert their batteries back to normal, you can use the one wire soldering method, but instead of soldering, use clear tape and tape a wire down to the two points, i can take pictures of my rig if anyone wants

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I used the guide and its gr8 thanks so much.
But i have 1 question which is when i put the magic mem stick in the psp i got no menu on the screen just a black screen is that correct?
It worked no problems but was just curious if i was meant to get a menu.

Cheers

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hi, i tried this on my friends psp slim and i can't get it to work, i got the pandora battery part right, it just wont boot from the magic memory stick. i've tried 5 different programs (including the one mentioned in the TUT) and tried each program at least ten times each but when i put the memory stick in then the pandora bat it booted straight away (green light on) but the ms light didnt flicker and presing X did nothing

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome tutorial! I just ordered a black slim with sony 4gb card from amazon. With the two items overnight shipped the total came to about $225 (I am an amazon prime member). So I have no problems with any of this except finding that damn TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu file to download. All I get when I google is more people talking about how to use and no where to actually download it! WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.