Hacking installed ReiNX

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just installed reinx and did a nand backup, i then toggled rcm so it woud do it everytime for me. so then i installed a few homebrew apps such as waindumper, hb store, nx-shell and tinfoil.
everything seems to be ok so far except tinfoil. i can dump my cart with waindumper and its a unsplit xci file. i tried usinggcdumptool but said like 19hrs or something.
my problem is that when trying to install a nsp ex. unravel 2 (0100e5d00cc0c000.nsp) i get a failed to open with id errpr code 0x00299002
i used lockpick to grab my keys and created a text file, then placed inside my tinfoil folder. this tinfoil folder is in the root of my sd card. im confused as one tutorial said to put in switch folder but reinx site says root.
i also dumped a mario game to xci but tinfoil isnt seeing it just my nsp folder and extracted nsp folder.
is there a tutorial somewhere that i missed? thinking of starting from scratch and trying again. i have a few videos and read like crazy. my brain is fried at the moment and lost in wonder.
if someone could help or lead me to a few tuts on how to sort this that would be nice and appreciated.

switch is running 8.0.1

Reactions: NoNAND

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
so i just installed reinx and did a nand backup, i then toggled rcm so it woud do it everytime for me. so then i installed a few homebrew apps such as waindumper, hb store, nx-shell and tinfoil.
everything seems to be ok so far except tinfoil. i can dump my cart with waindumper and its a unsplit xci file. i tried usinggcdumptool but said like 19hrs or something.
my problem is that when trying to install a nsp ex. unravel 2 (0100e5d00cc0c000.nsp) i get a failed to open with id errpr code 0x00299002
i used lockpick to grab my keys and created a text file, then placed inside my tinfoil folder. this tinfoil folder is in the root of my sd card. im confused as one tutorial said to put in switch folder but reinx site says root.
i also dumped a mario game to xci but tinfoil isnt seeing it just my nsp folder and extracted nsp folder.
is there a tutorial somewhere that i missed? thinking of starting from scratch and trying again. i have a few videos and read like crazy. my brain is fried at the moment and lost in wonder.
if someone could help or lead me to a few tuts on how to sort this that would be nice and appreciated.

switch is running 8.0.1

I don' think tinfoil can install xci.
Your unravel may be a bad rip. Or try to use Goldleaf

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there something about syscons that need to be installed? I read somewhere that I can convert xci to nsp.
So my nand back up is a snapshot basically correct? And since I disabled auto rcm I can wipe my memory card and start from scratch correct?
Thanx again guys for all the help so far

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Unleanone999 thank you.
for tinfoil do i put the nro in the switch folder and the tinfoil folder in the root? i saw 2 different ways to do it, and i feel one is outdated

i actually went with goldleef and seems to be good, ill try foil later, just glad things are working they way i wanted.
i found out that it might have been my card too, as i went to format it fat32 thinking exfat might be the reason, it would hand in middle then say format incomplete and the format was "other" not fat or exfat.
im just curious if there is no way to install the xci file then why is there a way to dump that format? is it a older format of dump ? doesnt seem there is a xci installer anywhere

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
@barelynotlegal for xci it will only work for sxos users, for other cfw's you need to use 4nxci to convert xci to nsp so that you can play them. It's a pretty straightforward program, just drag and drop. But you need to get your keys first though by using a payload called lockpick_rcm.bin

Flabou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
"my problem is that when trying to install a nsp ex. unravel 2 (0100e5d00cc0c000.nsp) i get a failed to open with id errpr code 0x00299002" Do you have sigpatches?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: