Hacking Question installed NSP's still saying update required

PoopusMcDoofus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently installed a bunch of NSP's, and then went through and installed the updates for them. But half of them are still saying that there's an update available. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some way to get it to stop saying that there's an update available?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I recently installed a bunch of NSP's, and then went through and installed the updates for them. But half of them are still saying that there's an update available. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some way to get it to stop saying that there's an update available?

Need more info here. For starters what's your OFW version? Some games require specific OFW versions to run, hence the update nag

PoopusMcDoofus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came from 4.1 and installed reinx, then updated to 6.0 without burning fuses. Sorry it took me so long to respond, had to leave for work shortly after posting my question.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Switch is/was connected to the internet, the prompt might be for game updates. You might be able to bypass the update dialogue.

PoopusMcDoofus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had airplane mode turned on since last year and only turned on Wi-Fi to update the os. But I didn't install any of the NSP's until after I'd turned the Wi-Fi off. What I don't understand is how the games would even know that there was a newer version available at all, let alone without an internet connection. I'm going to take a look at which region I downloaded the updates for like subs on suggested, but I'm pretty sure I downloaded them for the right region. I'm not worried so much about them being up to date, and I personally don't have a problem just clicking the launch anyways button, but I have multiple young children who aren't as reliable about following directions that I give them (ie., don't ever connect to Wi-Fi with it...)

Reactions: RealShanks

Zic_one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same issue here, I just don't understand how a offline switch "know" an update is available for a game? I have a 6.0 switch and use Reinx. My switch is offline since I hack it. I install .nsp with tinfoil and each time I lunch the game I got a message that an update is available for that game. Of course I can lunch the game without updating it, but I would like to understand that to. I know my English is poor :ph34r:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When .NSP files are installed, there is a theory that a certain file within the Switch simultaneously gets updated letting the console know there are updates for several games as brought up in this thread.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try to mount SYSTEM using Hacdiskmount with biskey2

Backup this file 8000...045 to your pc. Or a whole save folder, just in case.

Delete the file.

Enjoy.

FrozenFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to mount SYSTEM using Hacdiskmount with biskey2

Backup this file 8000...045 to your pc. Or a whole save folder, just in case.

Delete the file.

Enjoy.

hi I know this thread hasn't been updated for years but I just ran into this problem, could you please give me a more detailed guide? I'm new to this cfw stuff. thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1