Question installed NSP's still saying update required

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by PoopusMcDoofus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. PoopusMcDoofus
    OP

PoopusMcDoofus Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    So I recently installed a bunch of NSP's, and then went through and installed the updates for them. But half of them are still saying that there's an update available. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some way to get it to stop saying that there's an update available?

2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Need more info here. For starters what's your OFW version? Some games require specific OFW versions to run, hence the update nag

3. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    That can happen if the update was for a different region.

4. PoopusMcDoofus
    OP

PoopusMcDoofus Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    I came from 4.1 and installed reinx, then updated to 6.0 without burning fuses. Sorry it took me so long to respond, had to leave for work shortly after posting my question.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Are you sure it's not a system update? The latest firmware is now 6.0.1

6. PoopusMcDoofus
    OP

PoopusMcDoofus Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    Yes, I updated it Sunday, and went into settings to check the firmware version and it said 6.0 reinx

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If your Switch is/was connected to the internet, the prompt might be for game updates. You might be able to bypass the update dialogue.

8. PoopusMcDoofus
    OP

PoopusMcDoofus Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    I've had airplane mode turned on since last year and only turned on Wi-Fi to update the os. But I didn't install any of the NSP's until after I'd turned the Wi-Fi off. What I don't understand is how the games would even know that there was a newer version available at all, let alone without an internet connection. I'm going to take a look at which region I downloaded the updates for like subs on suggested, but I'm pretty sure I downloaded them for the right region. I'm not worried so much about them being up to date, and I personally don't have a problem just clicking the launch anyways button, but I have multiple young children who aren't as reliable about following directions that I give them (ie., don't ever connect to Wi-Fi with it...)

9. Zic_one

Zic_one Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2018
    Canada
    Same issue here, I just don't understand how a offline switch "know" an update is available for a game? I have a 6.0 switch and use Reinx. My switch is offline since I hack it. I install .nsp with tinfoil and each time I lunch the game I got a message that an update is available for that game. Of course I can lunch the game without updating it, but I would like to understand that to. I know my English is poor :ph34r:

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    When .NSP files are installed, there is a theory that a certain file within the Switch simultaneously gets updated letting the console know there are updates for several games as brought up in this thread.

11. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Try to mount SYSTEM using Hacdiskmount with biskey2

Backup this file 8000...045 to your pc. Or a whole save folder, just in case.

Delete the file.

Enjoy.