Hacking Installed .nsp's no longer working

nyrob2388

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few .nsp games installed and have been using them for over a month all of a sudden now when i try and open them i get an error the software was closed because an error occurred. I checked settings and data management. The space for the games are still taken up on my sd card but they all show 0mb besides mario odyssey that shows 7.3mb but wont play also. Was wondering if anyone knew what the issue was

Attachments

• IMG_8574.JPG
    IMG_8574.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 636
  • IMG_8575.JPG
    IMG_8575.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 642

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few .nsp games installed and have been using them for over a month all of a sudden now when i try and open them i get an error the software was closed because an error occurred. I checked settings and data management. The space for the games are still taken up on my sd card but they all show 0mb besides mario odyssey that shows 7.3mb but wont play also. Was wondering if anyone knew what the issue was
Are you still using CFW? You must be running CFW like ReiNX or Hekate in order to be able to play pirated games.

nyrob2388

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sx os i was on 1.6 just updated to 1.8 same issue i had the system powered off for a few days. Booted it back up and this is what it is now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a 256gb sd card installed i have 2-3 xci files the rest .nsp you can see i only have 4.2gb free so the files are there. All of a sudden they are now showing 0mb and not booting

nyrob2388

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was on 1.6 when i realized the issue then downloaded 1.8 to see if it would make a difference i cant see why going back to 1.6 would fix the issue since that is what i was on

flatty69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i was on 1.6 when i realized the issue then downloaded 1.8 to see if it would make a difference i cant see why going back to 1.6 would fix the issue since that is what i was on
well i just deleted the software and reinstall the game and it will work again i was having the same issue on Renix but only on nsp not on sxos with xci

Last edited by flatty69,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sx os i was on 1.6 just updated to 1.8 same issue i had the system powered off for a few days. Booted it back up and this is what it is now

I have a 256gb sd card installed i have 2-3 xci files the rest .nsp you can see i only have 4.2gb free so the files are there. All of a sudden they are now showing 0mb and not booting

256gb card? Where did you get it and how much? I suspect you have a cloned card and the write wrapped around and nuked your game files.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
256gb card? Where did you get it and how much? I suspect you have a cloned card and the write wrapped around and nuked your game files.
Out of curiosity! What country are you living on for you not knowing that 256Gb SD Cards don't exist? I have 5 256Gb. Cards & 2 400Gb. Cards.
I'm currently using 1 400Gb. Card for .XCI Games & the other 400Gb. Card for .NSP Games. One 256Gb. For HB Retro Emulation :)

Here is the link to proof to you that the SD Cards do exits. The best part about it, is that the 256Gb. Cards are very affordable...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758NHWS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS
The SD Cards are 100% legit. None Clone...:switch:

Last edited by SoCALCat,

nyrob2388

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a genuine 256gb sandisk i have been using it since sx os came out, i hate to wipe the sd card clean but it looks like that might be my only solution. I dont understand what could have happened and why all the games register as 0mb but are clearly taking up the space on my sd card. Some of the games were installed using freeshop nx and others with the sx os menu not sure if that makes a difference

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity! What country are you living on for you not knowing that 256Gb SD Cards don't exist? I have 5 256Gb. Cards & 2 400Gb. Cards.
I'm currently using 1 400Gb. Card for .XCI Games & the other 400Gb. Card for .NSP Games. One 256Gb. For HB Retro Emulation :)

Here is the link to proof to you that the SD Cards do exits. The best part about it, is that the 256Gb. Cards are very affordable...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758NHWS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS
The SD Cards are 100% legit. None Clone...:switch:
he's not implying they don't exist, he's implying that he may have a fake card.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a genuine 256gb sandisk i have been using it since sx os came out, i hate to wipe the sd card clean but it looks like that might be my only solution. I dont understand what could have happened and why all the games register as 0mb but are clearly taking up the space on my sd card. Some of the games were installed using freeshop nx and others with the sx os menu not sure if that makes a difference
one thing I can think of is that sd cards need to have a certain ammount of free space to function properly. so if you say you have a 256gb and you only have 4gb left then that can create issues. they say you should leave at least 10% free space on sd/ssd's which in your case would be about 25gb.

this happened to me on REinx 2 so this just happens on nsp files only for me fix is to just delete the game and reinstall it ezpz
it's not ezpz when you have 250gb of games installed.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country

Your card could be in a locked state, basically it could be at the end of it's life.
Can you still write to the card?

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the mysterious exfat corruption at work?
This. I'm pretty sure you are formated to exFAT right ? and used some homebrew lately.

Had the exact same issue and it seems that FAT32 fixed it (seems because I didn't have the chance to play as much as I want lately).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...