Installed .nsp's no longer working

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by nyrob2388, Sep 4, 2018.

1. nyrob2388
    OP

nyrob2388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    I have a few .nsp games installed and have been using them for over a month all of a sudden now when i try and open them i get an error the software was closed because an error occurred. I checked settings and data management. The space for the games are still taken up on my sd card but they all show 0mb besides mario odyssey that shows 7.3mb but wont play also. Was wondering if anyone knew what the issue was

Attached Files:

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Are you still using CFW? You must be running CFW like ReiNX or Hekate in order to be able to play pirated games.

3. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Looks like you deleted the actual software off of your SD card, which is why it's showing 0.0

4. nyrob2388
    OP

nyrob2388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    sx os i was on 1.6 just updated to 1.8 same issue i had the system powered off for a few days. Booted it back up and this is what it is now

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have a 256gb sd card installed i have 2-3 xci files the rest .nsp you can see i only have 4.2gb free so the files are there. All of a sudden they are now showing 0mb and not booting

5. Conex

Conex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    Australia
    Go back to 1.6/1.7 and see if they work again

6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Is the mysterious exfat corruption at work?

alkar likes this.
  7. nyrob2388
    OP

nyrob2388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    i was on 1.6 when i realized the issue then downloaded 1.8 to see if it would make a difference i cant see why going back to 1.6 would fix the issue since that is what i was on

8. flatty69

flatty69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Colombia
    well i just deleted the software and reinstall the game and it will work again i was having the same issue on Renix but only on nsp not on sxos with xci

Last edited by flatty69, Sep 5, 2018
  9. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    256gb card? Where did you get it and how much? I suspect you have a cloned card and the write wrapped around and nuked your game files.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  10. SoCALCat

SoCALCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United States
    Out of curiosity! What country are you living on for you not knowing that 256Gb SD Cards don't exist? I have 5 256Gb. Cards & 2 400Gb. Cards.
    I'm currently using 1 400Gb. Card for .XCI Games & the other 400Gb. Card for .NSP Games. One 256Gb. For HB Retro Emulation :)

Here is the link to proof to you that the SD Cards do exits. The best part about it, is that the 256Gb. Cards are very affordable...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758NHWS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS
    The SD Cards are 100% legit. None Clone...:switch:

Last edited by SoCALCat, Sep 5, 2018
  11. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
  12. nyrob2388
    OP

nyrob2388 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    its a genuine 256gb sandisk i have been using it since sx os came out, i hate to wipe the sd card clean but it looks like that might be my only solution. I dont understand what could have happened and why all the games register as 0mb but are clearly taking up the space on my sd card. Some of the games were installed using freeshop nx and others with the sx os menu not sure if that makes a difference

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    he's not implying they don't exist, he's implying that he may have a fake card.

14. flatty69

flatty69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Colombia
    this happened to me on REinx 2 so this just happens on nsp files only for me fix is to just delete the game and reinstall it ezpz

15. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    one thing I can think of is that sd cards need to have a certain ammount of free space to function properly. so if you say you have a 256gb and you only have 4gb left then that can create issues. they say you should leave at least 10% free space on sd/ssd's which in your case would be about 25gb.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it's not ezpz when you have 250gb of games installed.

16. SoCALCat

SoCALCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    United States
    I see. When I was reading the post the question mark threw me off (256gb card?) as if 256Gb. Cards didn't exits... Lol
    Thanks for clarifying it...

17. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    This happened to me after a crash, had to reinstall everything. No prob since.
    "knock on wood"

18. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Oh i see well it sucks in general that nsp's do that after a while

19. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013

Your card could be in a locked state, basically it could be at the end of it's life.
    Can you still write to the card?

20. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    This. I'm pretty sure you are formated to exFAT right ? and used some homebrew lately.

Had the exact same issue and it seems that FAT32 fixed it (seems because I didn't have the chance to play as much as I want lately).