Hacking Installation Dilemma

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a dilemma. I've got Xenoblade Chronicles X waiting to be installed via WUP, problem is the game is 19.5gb and my maxium SD Card is a 16gb. Is there any other ways for me to install this? thanks in advance.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a dilemma. I've got Xenoblade Chronicles X waiting to be installed via WUP, problem is the game is 19.5gb and my maxium SD Card is a 16gb. Is there any other ways for me to install this? thanks in advance.

Lol, answered your own question buddy.

You may be able to trim out languages and dummy out videos for use in loadiine, but if your into USB loading you won't go back to loadiine.....

Reactions: matt1tude

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I just remembered I have a 32gb Micro SD in my phone. So I've wiped it put all the apps I need to run correctly and when I try to boot I get SD mount failed or FSgetmountsource failed. Any solutions fellas?

D

Deleted User

Ok, so I just remembered I have a 32gb Micro SD in my phone. So I've wiped it put all the apps I need to run correctly and when I try to boot I get SD mount failed or FSgetmountsource failed. Any solutions fellas?
FAT32 32kb cluster size.
Place HBL in wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/hbl.elf

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 32GB WiiU, you can move games from system memory to USB to free up enough storage, get a FAT32 thumb drive, put the install files under /install, put hbl and wupinstaller under /wiiu/apps, run Mocha FAT32 development version, run HBL using the browser, run WUPInstaller, install to system storage.

After it's installed, shutdown, remove the FAT32 drive, restart and move the game to USB overnight.

OR Modify IOSUHAX's wupclient.py to not prefix the sd card path on installs, run Mocha, use wupclient to copy half the files to a temp directory on your usb, fill the card with the other half, copy those, then execute the install from wupclient.

(Neither of those is a great solution. That's why getting a bigger SD card is the right answer. I only mention the other methods as pointers for people reading your thread later who might not have the option of buying, or finding, as you did, another SD.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: