Hacking install wii u games to hard drive

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can install the game directly to a Wii u specific partioned HDD
how only way i can find is copy the game to an sd card first then load the homebrew program on the wii and have the wii u format hdd plugged into the wii u select the game on the sd card and it will install to the hdd as i do not want to have to get a larger sd card only have an 4gb one i wanted to know if it was possible to use some program on my pc to be able to copy wii u games to the hdd like i can for the wii using wii backup manager

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use WUP Installer, if you have a HDD that is partition to use only with the Wii U then you have the option to install to Nand or USB HDD, Wii U game only.

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Use WUP Installer, if you have a HDD that is partition to use only with the Wii U then you have the option to install to Nand or USB HDD, Wii U game only.

that is the homebrew app am using

only lets me have the game on my sd card then install it to the hdd so there is no way to put the game on the hdd using a pc?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sd card to USB is really the best way right now. There is a way to transfer it directly to your USB but it's a bit complicated and requires use of ftp everywhere (slow) or mocha with a separate fat32 drive. Just find a way to get a bigger sd

Last edited by Kafluke,

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I assume your HDD isnt partition correctly in WUP GX2 Installer
it is formatted correctly when plugged into my pc it asks me to format the HDD

i am confused
all i can do is put the sd card in my computer put the game on my sd card then insert it into the wii u with the hdd plugged in to the wii u go to WUP GX2 and choose the game on my sd card and have it installed onto my hdd

what i want to do is connect the hdd to my pc and have a way to copy the game to it same way i can with my wii hdd using
wii backup manager

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is formatted correctly when plugged into my pc it asks me to format the HDD

i am confused
all i can do is put the sd card in my computer put the game on my sd card then insert it into the wii u with the hdd plugged in to the wii u go to WUP GX2 and choose the game on my sd card and have it installed onto my hdd

what i want to do is connect the hdd to my pc and have a way to copy the game to it same way i can with my wii hdd using
wii backup manager

Doesnt work that way, the HDD is partioned to work with the Wii U only, installing games on Wii u taking longer time due to it being on USB 2.0

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With wfs-fuse you can actually write to the Wii U HDD after you dumped your seeprom and otp, but you need to use linux for this.
I also think that just copying the files from e.g. Wii U USB Helper won't be enough to make it recognize the new files.
There are files that are listed in a tik2sd dump, that contain the actual tickets that would need to be dumped, edited and written back again correctly and this is a real pita.
All these "shortcuts" (to not have to copy the files twice first from PC to SD and then to the HDD) would still take a lot of time as there are no tools for this so you're really better off just copying the files to your SD card.

Last edited by Wuigi,
Reactions: jamespoo

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
With wfs-fuse you can actually write to the Wii U HDD after you dumped your seeprom and otp, but you need to use linux for this.
I also think that just copying the files from e.g. Wii U USB Helper won't be enough to make it recognize the new files.
There are files that are listed in a tik2sd dump, that contain the actual tickets that would need to be dumped, edited and written back again correctly and this is a real pita.
All these "shortcuts" (to not have to copy the files twice first from PC to SD and then to the HDD) would still take a lot of time as there are no tools for this so you're really better off just copying the files to your SD card.

thanks

_Shmubby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sd card to USB is really the best way right now. There is a way to transfer it directly to your USB but it's a bit complicated and requires use of ftp everywhere (slow) or mocha with a separate fat32 drive. Just find a way to get a bigger sd

Yes. I would want to know how to do this since I don't have an SD card that's large enough to install TEKKEN

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the biggest HDD you can use on the Wiiu? Also same thing for the SD card?
Hello,

for your Wii U to work well, you can use a hard drive up to 2 TB and a 128 GB SD card (see more)

Hello,

for your Wii U to work well, you can use a hard drive up to 2 TB and a 128 GB SD card (see more)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2