Install Stardew Valley PC Mods On Switch Using Layeredfs

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ninjanick999, Aug 2, 2018.

1. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I would say most of the XNB sprites mod would be outdated, possibly crashing the game. So far I only tried it once, using hot Pam sprite mod, even then it cause bug during certain Penny's scene.

Any mod recommendation though, from others? I'm using DLCburger's portraits, works like a charm.

2. Piepokemon

Piepokemon GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    I've heard some mixed reports on compatibility with the latest stardew update? I only now got around to installing Stardew on my switch and man I really want to change some of the character portraits...Should I have any worry of crashes or anything on latest update simply changing portraits out? Do I have to seek out update specific portrait mods?

3. Deobulakenyo

Deobulakenyo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2018
    Philippines
    backup your save using Checkpoint

try the mods on the latest update, if it crashes and destroy your save, remove mods and restore your save

use devmenu and remove/uninstall latest update and try the mods on the update prior to the latest

4. Piepokemon

Piepokemon GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2014
    United States
    Yeah I figure going about it that way is the way to go. I'll have to dig up the latest devmenu, unless tinfoil/goldleaf can delete updates. Hopefully just changing some portraits doesn't mess with much. Thanks

5. scribox

scribox Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Thank a lot :)

For French players who have been waiting for 2 years for a French translation, this method is perfect in addition to being easy to set up.

Attached Files:

Broduskii likes this.
  6. simskidd

simskidd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2019
    United States
    can some kind soul help me on how to install this to the switch?

7. serenity42

serenity42 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    United States
    Any mods to make fishing easier/less annoying and/or any mods for health/energy?

8. Yondaime_Kazzy

Yondaime_Kazzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I am not sure how to do this correctly, can someone help me? Or link me a video?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted