ROM Hack Install Stardew Valley PC Mods On Switch Using Layeredfs

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put CFW on Switch and play stardew valley. The other day, I succeeded in changing the character image. So I also want to change the player's hairstyle and clothes, is that possible? If possible, could you tell me how?
I would say most of the XNB sprites mod would be outdated, possibly crashing the game. So far I only tried it once, using hot Pam sprite mod, even then it cause bug during certain Penny's scene.

Any mod recommendation though, from others? I'm using DLCburger's portraits, works like a charm.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard some mixed reports on compatibility with the latest stardew update? I only now got around to installing Stardew on my switch and man I really want to change some of the character portraits...Should I have any worry of crashes or anything on latest update simply changing portraits out? Do I have to seek out update specific portrait mods?

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've heard some mixed reports on compatibility with the latest stardew update? I only now got around to installing Stardew on my switch and man I really want to change some of the character portraits...Should I have any worry of crashes or anything on latest update simply changing portraits out? Do I have to seek out update specific portrait mods?

backup your save using Checkpoint

try the mods on the latest update, if it crashes and destroy your save, remove mods and restore your save

use devmenu and remove/uninstall latest update and try the mods on the update prior to the latest

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup your save using Checkpoint

try the mods on the latest update, if it crashes and destroy your save, remove mods and restore your save

use devmenu and remove/uninstall latest update and try the mods on the update prior to the latest
Yeah I figure going about it that way is the way to go. I'll have to dig up the latest devmenu, unless tinfoil/goldleaf can delete updates. Hopefully just changing some portraits doesn't mess with much. Thanks

scribox

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thank a lot :)

For French players who have been waiting for 2 years for a French translation, this method is perfect in addition to being easy to set up.

Attachments

• SVF1.jpg
    SVF1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: Broduskii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.