Install Games On PSX(Playstation 1)

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Marco_Buns, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Marco_Buns
    OP

Marco_Buns GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    So how can I install games on my PSX?

It was in like in august when I looking on the "Icelandic" ebay and looking for PS3 to buy.
    When I searching i found one guy selling an PSX with some few games. I checked it and it says that he had installed 10 games into the system. I was like "What? How is this possible?". I tried to search online how to do it but didn't find any answers.

If some of you that knows how to do it then it would great. Also I will not be disappointed if it's not possible.

Thx :)

2. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    There is psio as long as your big playstation 1 has a Parallel I/O Port on it. Good luck trying to get your hands on one though.
    More come out next month.

http://ps-io.com/

Otherwise, your main 2 option is either using the swap trick using an original ps1 game or an actual ps1 disc like ps-x change made to stop the motor in the system so you can safetly swap disc, or buy and install a modchip in your ps1 so you won't have to swap disc.

Last edited by cvskid, Jan 7, 2016
  3. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    The likelihood is the guy is lying.

The PS1 has no internal memory and the only thing close to SD or HDD support is the PS-IO above. However, even that is still in it's early stages and only really supports homebrew and development.

Otherwise you have to install a modchip for burned games, or use a swap trick.