install errors

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by drobb, Aug 23, 2014.

1. drobb
    OP

drobb Hunter

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    ok just if anyone can help me id appreciate it im on rogero 4.55 with spoof for 4.60. ive noticed for awhile now that when i try and install anything official from the psn store, be it a theme or dlc or whatever it always gives an error on install. is this normal? how do i fix it, can it even be fixed? it really hasnt been an issue, just want to know. thanks. oh and this happened before i went to 4.55 and before spoofing as well. if that matters. thanks so much .

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    most install errors r due to a checksum error. at the bottom of a pkg file (the last two lines) is a sha-1 checksum. if u were to drop a pkg into a hex editor, copy and paste the last two lines aside from the padded 0's at the very end of the last line. after that, delete them. then, check the sha-1. it should equal the hex series of the final two lines. that's how the system knows something is corrupted. if it happens every time, I'd imagine u have an issue with ur hdd.

3. drobb
    OP

drobb Hunter

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    i dont mean install errors from pkg files. im talking from the actual psn store. anything ive ever tried to download and install gives an error if i get it from the actual store. things such as netflix, youtube, etc work fine. but say a theme, an avatar or most recently some free dlc vouchers. they took the code, downloaded, but install fails.