Max_Homer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Very good to all.

What is going on with me? I'm a bit tempted to install ColdBoot on my Wii U. I would do it anyway, but I'm afraid of Brick. Many have CBHC installed on their consoles and have done quite well. My fear is not that the installation fails, I have very good SD despite being with adapter. But once I installed the auto boot even if it is satisfactory and when restarting my console I get error.

The other is that if in a given case I manage to install CBHC well, it could work even if I did not have the SD inserted or I would simply give Brick since the last versions do not need Mocha.

And that's right, I currently have Haxchi and I'm good. This is just out of curiosity since as I said earlier I am tempted to install CBHC and I do not want to shit the console.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you dont need sd card after you got cbhc you can use cbhc custom built in sigpatcher and let it run into sysmenu, you dont need mocha.

the only way to brick with cbhc is that if you format your console or unlink your nnid, everything else cant brick unless you install cbhc over a title that is not a legit bough ds VC title.

Reactions: geek_76 and Kafluke

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need sd card after you got cbhc you can use cbhc custom built in sigpatcher and let it run into sysmenu, you dont need mocha.

the only way to brick with cbhc is that if you format your console or unlink your nnid, everything else cant brick unless you install cbhc over a title that is not a legit bough ds VC title.
It will brick if you delete or move 'DONT TOUCH ME' from System Settings - Copy/Move/Delete Data - Copy/Move/Delete Data - System Memory too.

Aside from that and what you mentioned I haven't heard of any Wii U's spontaneously bricking.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will brick if you delete or move 'DONT TOUCH ME' from System Settings - Copy/Move/Delete Data - Copy/Move/Delete Data - System Memory too.

Aside from that and what you mentioned I haven't heard of any Wii U's spontaneously bricking.

That is true, but I thought Haxchi/CBHC has a security feature that doesn't let you delete or move it from system settings?

Or am I wrong?

Im not sure, I haven't installed CBHC yet, I only have had Haxchi for the past year or so, so I haven't had the time to mess around with CBHC. But I do want to install CBHC soon, probably when I buy a second WiiU used from somewhere. Because I have an 8 year old son that plays on the WiiU also. Even though I know he wont mess around in system settings, I still dont want to take that chance on his WiiU. Besides, it only takes 5 extra seconds or so to boot into CFW without CBHC.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I haven't read about any kids bricking a Wii U because of CBHC. It's usually an adult messing with something they shouldn't or formatting the Wii U with CBHC installed

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I use CBHC and it's really simple as long as you follow the instructions. It's pretty idiot proof, it really is. One big tip is to move the Haxchi ( now called DON'T TOUCH ME) shortcut to the very end of all of the spaces and put it in it's own folder called something like "NEVER EVER TOUCH" or something else quite aggressive. HomeBrew Channel has it's own forwarder that works just fine and you can use other homebrew, VC injects and such, without loading up haxchi every time you turn it on.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i installed CBHC and glad of it, but the haxchi icon has a red triangle with start. isn't it supposed to say "don't touch"?

max_hunter just follow kaflukes guide in the sticky and you'll be set

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed CBHC and glad of it, but the haxchi icon has a red triangle with start. isn't it supposed to say "don't touch"?

max_hunter just follow kaflukes guide in the sticky and you'll be set

not if you copied the game. the game will then reflect whatever was copied. you can also change files in the cbhc folder of the installer. mine says redNAND with a little firey icon. ;)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, but I thought Haxchi/CBHC has a security feature that doesn't let you delete or move it from system settings?

Or am I wrong?

Im not sure, I haven't installed CBHC yet, I only have had Haxchi for the past year or so, so I haven't had the time to mess around with CBHC. But I do want to install CBHC soon, probably when I buy a second WiiU used from somewhere. Because I have an 8 year old son that plays on the WiiU also. Even though I know he wont mess around in system settings, I still dont want to take that chance on his WiiU. Besides, it only takes 5 extra seconds or so to boot into CFW without CBHC.
I've never seen anything about any such security features. You can move it/delete it/overwrite it like any other title. But if you do you are hosed.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure it does have security. It's called a big ass warning telling you not to delete it otherwise you'll brick. If you ignore plain, simple english, then you're an idiot.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

no it doesnt .. for a long time you can move cbhc title on nand just fine and cbhc has built in security to prevent you from deleting, overwriting it or moving to us,b for a really really long time lol unless you use mocha instead of cbhc built in cfw that way cbhc doesnt get the security stuff since moca never added the cbhc security.

Last edited by pedro702,

Max_Homer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Even though this thread is almost a year old, I still want to install CBHC.
-I have a Haxchi that is working well.
- It is installed on a DS VC purchased from the Eshop.
-It is in the memory of the console. For some reason my Wii U does not recognize my USB and installed Haxchi without having the USB connected to the console.
I'll be ready?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even though this thread is almost a year old, I still want to install CBHC.
-I have a Haxchi that is working well.
- It is installed on a DS VC purchased from the Eshop.
-It is in the memory of the console. For some reason my Wii U does not recognize my USB and installed Haxchi without having the USB connected to the console.
I'll be ready?
if your haxchi title is on your consoel and is working then yes, move it to the last menu slot all the way from your main apps, then isntall cbhc following the tutorial.

Max_Homer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I already have CBHC, I thought I was going to brick my console but everything went well. I only have one question, nothing happens if there is a blackout and if some application freezes ???

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I already have CBHC, I thought I was going to brick my console but everything went well. I only have one question, nothing happens if there is a blackout and if some application freezes ???
as long as your nand is fine then doesn't matter, freezes and such would need to damage the nand and if your nand is damaged most likely your console wont boot anyway because of damaged nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.