Homebrew Input redirection problems

mehmeh11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I used the option in the rosalina menu for input redirection and opened the client. It detects it well, and the touch screen and power/home menu buttons work, but it doesn't recognize my USB controller for some reason, even though the rest of my laptop does

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the option in the rosalina menu for input redirection and opened the client. It detects it well, and the touch screen and power/home menu buttons work, but it doesn't recognize my USB controller for some reason, even though the rest of my laptop does
It only registers xinput controllers, which is a fancy way for saying Xbox. You can use inputmapper to make some other controllers work such as a dualshock 4, but many controllers are just completely incompatible such as gamecube and switch pro controllers. To make these work, you can use the program joytokey to make the controller act as a keyboard, and then just assign the buttons to the corresponding keys. Keep in mind though you won't have full analog movement using joytokey.

mehmeh11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
no, my laptop also recognizes it as xinput, and even using that x360 controller test program it recognizes my controller

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I've got no clue. I know a ton about the 3ds but Windows isn't a strong suite. My advice would be to dump analog input and use joytokey if all else fails.

mehmeh11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
btw, just asking, in any normal case one just plugs in the controller, activates input redirection on the 3ds, opens the client, and puts in the IP, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2