Input redirection problems

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mehmeh11, Aug 5, 2017.

1. mehmeh11
    OP

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    I used the option in the rosalina menu for input redirection and opened the client. It detects it well, and the touch screen and power/home menu buttons work, but it doesn't recognize my USB controller for some reason, even though the rest of my laptop does

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    It only registers xinput controllers, which is a fancy way for saying Xbox. You can use inputmapper to make some other controllers work such as a dualshock 4, but many controllers are just completely incompatible such as gamecube and switch pro controllers. To make these work, you can use the program joytokey to make the controller act as a keyboard, and then just assign the buttons to the corresponding keys. Keep in mind though you won't have full analog movement using joytokey.

3. mehmeh11
    OP

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    no, my laptop also recognizes it as xinput, and even using that x360 controller test program it recognizes my controller

4. mehmeh11
    OP

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    bump

5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Sorry I've got no clue. I know a ton about the 3ds but Windows isn't a strong suite. My advice would be to dump analog input and use joytokey if all else fails.

6. mehmeh11
    OP

mehmeh11 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2016
    Peru
    btw, just asking, in any normal case one just plugs in the controller, activates input redirection on the 3ds, opens the client, and puts in the IP, right?

7. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Yes, though I use a dualshock 4, so I have to launch inputmapper first.