Hacking Injecting OoT debug rom into Majora's Mask wad.

  • Thread starter Thread starter daxtsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,335
  • Replies Replies 8

daxtsu

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
5,626
Solutions
2
Reaction score
4,085
Trophies
2
XP
5,197
Country
Antarctica
Has anyone managed to successfully inject the 64mb OoT debug rom into Majora's Mask? I managed to find a ppf file which can then be used with a tool I found to compress OoT down to 32mbytes, and injected the ROM okay, but when I tried to boot the wad, it froze on the spinning n64 logo, before it actually loads the rom. I'd love to hear if anyone's done it.
 
I heard it might work on Majora's Mask. I will try that in a bit.
Edit: Figured out how to compress it.
 
If the base debug rom works, then Zelda's Birthday should work as well, in theory, and that's my main goal. It'd be fun to play it on Wii without it hanging(Wii64 just hangs when you exit the house).
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
@[member='stev418']: Because it requires the expansion pak to run.

ok,ive never mucked with debug stuff so that clears that up :)

any chance of sharing this ppf file? I did find 'tools' from here -> http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=14266.0 but i wouldnt know where to start on rom compression.
I would also recommend deleting all .T64 files from the Majorah 05.app and using the .T64 files from the ocarina wad(make sure titleid of debug rom is same as ocarina also)
 
true, ill just do a really quick test, since ive got it compressed to 32mb already - i dont like wasting to much time on n64 vc

edit:well someone made some tools to compress it, and it seems to do the trick, but i give up trying it in VC myself -- z-filenew-windows.zip--> http://rghost.net/39206366
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted