Hacking Injecting emuNAND to SD Card from laptop

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I've been trying to inject an emuNAND backup to my sd card but the program that i'm using doesn't read my sd card! any fix?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If your PC reads your SD card, you could try injecting your emunand backup not from your PC, but from your 3ds using emunand9.

Reactions: Duckling

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm going to completely reformat my sd card to delete all of th partitions and treat it as a new sd card and use sd tr to install emunand to it. You think that would work?

I have already backed up both my sdcard and my emunand

Last edited by Duckling,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If the format deletes the hidden partition where the emunand is stored, you will need to create a new emunand using emunand9 and then reinject your emunand.bin into this new emunand and paste back your SD card backup.

If the hidden partition is not deleted, then you only need to reinject your emunand.bin using emunand9 and paste your SD content back

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I recently bought a 3DS from a friend and when I format my emuNAND with tinyformat and inject the emuNAND back to the SD Card it doesn't work.

I'm using my own NNID, i'm not sure I have to use his, but if this is the problem is there a way of removing his NNID from both my sysNAND and emuNAND completely?

after I restore my emuNAND and put SD card back in his NNID shows up and not mine

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought a 3DS from a friend and when I format my emuNAND with tinyformat and inject the emuNAND back to the SD Card it doesn't work.

I'm using my own NNID, i'm not sure I have to use his, but if this is the problem is there a way of removing his NNID from both my sysNAND and emuNAND completely?

after I restore my emuNAND and put SD card back in his NNID shows up and not mine
The problem is that emunands are unique for each console. In other words, your emunand will only work in the 3ds which was created, so trying to run your emunand into another 3ds will not work.

If you want to use your NNID in your friend's 3ds, you need to system format the 3ds and then going to NNID settings and relink your own NNID. The thing id that you will not be able to use you SD backup.

Maybe what you need is a system transfer from your emunand using your 3ds to an emunand on your friend's 3ds

Last edited by Arubaro,

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The problem is that emunands are unique for each console. In other words, your emunand will only work in the 3ds which was created, so trying to run your emunand into another 3ds will not work.

If you want to use your NNID in your friend's 3ds, you need to system format the 3ds and then going to NNID settings and relink your own NNID. The thing id that you will not be able to use you SD backup.

Maybe what you need is a system transfer from your emunand using your 3ds to an emunand on your friend's 3ds
I fixed the error by reinstalling the ninid.bin file (not sure what it's called) and it worked just fine!

Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...