Homebrew Injecting DS .sav to cartridge

Kvothe43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I want to inject a Golden Sun Dark Dawn (DS) .sav from a flashcart into a legit cartridge that I finally managed to get and will arrive in the next few days. I was planning on doing it with Checkpoint, however I'm not sure if the .sav and the cartridge will be in the same language (english .sav, possibly spanish cartridge). Would there be any issues?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen DS games usually use the same saves between all of the western versions, however it's entirely dependent on the game so it's possible it might not work. Your best bet is probably to just try it and see, if it doesn't work chances are the game will simply refuse to load the save, I don't think it's likely that it will appear to work and cause issues later on.

Reactions: Kvothe43

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it may work. you may have to hex edit. I managed to get a Japanese save file to work on either EU or American game on the wii/vwii. it was chocobo's dungeon iirc. not very hard to do really. hex editing is very easy if you compare two saves.

Kvothe43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
yeah, it may work. you may have to hex edit. I managed to get a Japanese save file to work on either EU or American game on the wii/vwii. it was chocobo's dungeon iirc. not very hard to do really. hex editing is very easy if you compare two saves.
Thank you! I might come back to ask for help about the editing, never done it before haha Hope it's not necessary!

Kvothe43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, you hi too