Hacking Injecting DLC

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to collect everyone's thoughts on methods that could possibly be used to inject DLC content into games. Perhaps even use homebrew to create custom DLC (though this is pretty far-fetched).

I would imagine DLC is stored in the SD card, so it should theoretically be possible to draw it from there.

So is it possible? Thoughts?

It would be interesting to hear the Gateway team's take on this.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Theory yes, practice no. As long as DLC is encrypted in any way with console specific IDs, there is nothing gateway could do unless they figure out the encryption. Otherwise we should be able to share update files too

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLCs work fine in emunand, but it's obfuscated randomly so you can't do anything to it, let alone copy paste it.

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theory yes, practice no. As long as DLC is encrypted in any way with console specific IDs, there is nothing gateway could do unless they figure out the encryption. Otherwise we should be able to share update files too

How does this encryption work exactly? I mean update files on the ps3 scene for example can be shared across the board.

How is this really any different from any eShop purchase at all?

DLCs work fine in emunand, but it's obfuscated randomly so you can't do anything to it, let alone copy paste it.

This is news to me, I wasn't aware it was obfuscated randomly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la