Hacking Discussion Info on SHA-256 hashes on FS patches

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Does the order count? As soon as the offset and the value are correctly written it shouldn't be a problem should it?

Edit: Can you check if everything has been corrected in this release?
See here for loader - newline needs added:

7rPrN52.png

Also when generating patches to switch folder - no fs ips is being made for exfat as explained above.

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that fixes the ips files now, just need to add the newline before "[Loader:xxxx]"
Can you please test this release if it solves your patches.ini issue (if you have an exisiting patches with the newline issue, put a newline manually)? Can you also try if the patches.ini works correctly when you're in exFat (when you don't have a patches.ini in the bootloader in the first place and when you already have one)? Thank you

Edit: Fixed an issue where I forgot to close a file

Last edited by dogcsty,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can you please test this release if it solves your patches.ini issue (if you have an exisiting patches with the newline issue, put a newline manually)? Can you also try if the patches.ini works correctly when you're in exFat (when you don't have a patches.ini in the bootloader in the first place and when you already have one)? Thank you

Edit: Fixed an issue where I forgot to close a file
Yep, that's fixed the patches.ini file now. I have only tried on 14.1.2 firmware and firmware 11.0.0 - that's everything fixed now.

Also another point, you should add an option to reboot the switch once the patches have been made, if you need code for this I can supply it. As an extra you should also put a switch in so that if keys.dat does not exist you can use prod.keys that have been generated by Lockpic_rcm. That way you can directly dump the keys and make the patches with no computer needed if there's a firmware update that changed the keys.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: impeeza and Mrblue

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's fixed the patches.ini file now. I have only tried on 14.1.2 firmware and firmware 11.0.0 - that's everything fixed now.

Also another point, you should add an option to reboot the switch once the patches have been made, if you need code for this I can supply it. As an extra you should also put a switch in so that if keys.dat does not exist you can use prod.keys that have been generated by Lockpic_rcm. That way you can directly dump the keys and make the patches with no computer needed if there's a firmware update that changed the keys.
Thank you for your feedback. Like hactool the app already looks for a prod.keys in the switch folder if no keys.dat is available. Asking to reboot the switch is a great addition I'll add it when I have the time. I've corrected some other bugs with the handling of the files. Please use this release for testing

Edit: corrected some return carriage stuff

Last edited by dogcsty,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you for your feedback. Like hactool the app already looks for a prod.keys in the switch folder if no keys.dat is available. Asking to reboot the switch is a great addition I'll add it when I have the time. I've corrected some other bugs with the handling of the files. Please use this release for testing
Thanks, I have a out of date prod.keys in the switch folder (for testing), I removed keys.dat - so was expected an error.

I get the message - Error - failed to decrypt a file. make sure you have keys.dat. Anyway the app freezes at 25% because of this, which I figured it would. Would it be possible to quit trying to decrypt at this point to stop the app freezing. I know that sounds a bit anal, but if someone updates their firmware and the keys changed, and they tried to generate the patches - they might not know the keys are out of date, maybe add a message to re-dump their keys with lockpic_rmc or something. Also if decryption failed, temp folder and dumped loader remains in your apps folder, and when you re-try to make the patches it crashes Atmosphere - maybe remove this folder if it exists before generating the patches.

Last edited by mrdude,

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I have a out of date prod.keys in the switch folder (for testing), I removed keys.dat - so was expected an error.

I get the message - Error - failed to decrypt a file. make sure you have keys.dat. Anyway the app freezes at 25% because of this, which I figured it would. Would it be possible to quit trying to decrypt at this point to stop the app freezing. I know that sounds a bit anal, but if someone updates their firmware and the keys changed, and they tried to generate the patches - they might not know the keys are out of date, maybe add a message to re-dump their keys with lockpic_rmc or something. Also if decryption failed, temp folder remains in your apps folder, and when you re-try to make the patches it crashes Atmoshphere - maybe remove this folder if it exists before generating the patches.
Can you try with the app I just posted? Tested with this one and it worked without a keys.dat. Btw the app isn't freezing I just stop the progress bar (you can press b to go back to the main menu) but the exception is handled. I normally remove the temp folder before retrying. I've tested with the new app I posted didnt have any crash from atmosphere

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Can you try with the app I just posted? Tested with this one and it worked without a keys.dat. Btw the app isn't freezing I just stop the progress bar (you can press b to go back to the main menu) but the exception is handled. I normally remove the temp folder before retrying. I've tested with the new app I posted didnt have any crash from atmosphere
That's the one I tried with.

If you remove all temp folders and dumped loader + keys.dat from your app folder. The mod prod.keys and remove references to key 0D (for decrypting firmware 14.1.2), and then run your app, you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by mrdude,

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the one I tried with.

If you remove all temp folders and dumped loader + keys.dat from your app folder. The mod prod.keys and remove references to key 0D (for decrypting firmware 14.1.2), and then run your app, you'll see what I mean.
I tried spamming around when no keys were placed and I can't seem to make it crash. What do you have on your switch folder?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I tried spamming around when no keys were placed and I can't seem to make it crash. What do you have on your switch folder?
It seems if I don't have keys.dat and only have prod.keys in the switch folder - with this new version, the app crashes trying to generate the loader. If I remove prod.keys and just have keys.dat in the app folder, still freezes generating IPS Loader patch screen. The switch freezes - .press home and have a black screen, eventaully get a reboot crash: Error Code 2144-001 (0x29).

Last edited by mrdude,

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems if I also have dev.keys or title.keys in the switch folder this makes it crash - but when I ftp into the switch and delete those then it's OK, do you have some sort of wildcard search for keys in the code?
I added a titlekey, removed it, added dev.keys prod.keys removed it spammed the hell of the buttons and I still can't get it to crash.

The search for the keys is the same than what hactool does - it looks for a dev.keys or a prod.keys in a home folder (in your pc it is located in users/.switch and on the switch I put it in the switch folder) then hactool does the rest.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
This should fix the crash. Can you please test it on your end? Thank you
I did a clean install of this, removed all my keys and used lockpic_rcm to generate a new set of keys. Run your app (not in applet mode), and clicked Generate Everything, Directly copy the generated files - NO, The app crashes instantly. (I didn't put keys.dat in the folder, just tried switch/prod.keys)

Next test - remove prod.keys from switch folder, put keys.dat in the app folder - then do the same test above - app freezes trying to generate the IPS Loader patch.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: dogcsty

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a clean install of this, removed all my keys and used lockpic_rcm to generate a new set of keys. Run your app (not in applet mode), and clicked Generate Everything, Directly copy the generated files - NO, app crashes instantly.
Great news! I think that leaving a message telling people to update their keys is a good idea I' ll do that after I'm done hitting the gym. I'll add the option to restart the switch maybe tomorrow. Thank you for testing this I really appreciate it!

Reactions: mrdude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone