Hacking [Info] It is possible to launch games through Hekate.

GalaxyYT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't actually know if Hekate intentionally blocks gameplay, but you normally can't launch switch games using it. I figured out that you can open games, but it doesn't work that much.

I found these steps to work the best. (still, it doesn't work all the time.)
1. In the stock OS, (or powered off) remove any cartridge in your switch.
2. Once booted into Hekate, put the cartridge you want to play into your switch, or leave it out if it's a digital game.
3. Launch your game, and then immediately hit the home button once you see the switch logo and launch settings, then launch the hbmenu.
4. Go back into the game (which should be a black screen), go back to the home screen and hit the sleep (power) button on your switch.
5. Start mashing it. (Hekate does support sleep mode, but you can only be in it for ~3 seconds.
6. Unlock your switch. Now, it may have worked already. (You know it worked because your icon will be bouncing next to the "Playing" icon on the game.)
7. If it didn't, go into the game (black screen still) and hit the power button in there. Again, mash it and unlock. If it still didn't work, then I guess you're screwed.
There really isn't a reason to go through this much hassle just to launch a game, but I like this because now, (if i get extremely lucky) I'm guessing I can test save mods without powering down and re-powering up.

Video Tutorial/Demonstration:
removed because this thread is useless and i didn't test enough :P

Last edited by GalaxyYT,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That title had me thinking you just repurposed Hekate into a backup loader.

Interesting find though, I guess?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't actually know if Hekate intentionally blocks gameplay, but you normally can't launch switch games using it. I figured out that you can open games, but it doesn't work that much.

I found these steps to work the best. (still, it doesn't work all the time.)
1. In the stock OS, (or powered off) remove any cartridge in your switch.
2. Once booted into Hekate, put the cartridge you want to play into your switch, or leave it out if it's a digital game.
3. Launch your game, and then immediately hit the home button once you see the switch logo and launch settings, then launch the hbmenu.
4. Go back into the game (which should be a black screen), go back to the home screen and hit the sleep (power) button on your switch.
5. Start mashing it. (Hekate does support sleep mode, but you can only be in it for ~3 seconds.
6. Unlock your switch. Now, it may have worked already. (You know it worked because your icon will be bouncing next to the "Playing" icon on the game.)
7. If it didn't, go into the game (black screen still) and hit the power button in there. Again, mash it and unlock. If it still didn't work, then I guess you're screwed.
There really isn't a reason to go through this much hassle just to launch a game, but I like this because now, (if i get extremely lucky) I'm guessing I can test save mods without powering down and re-powering up.

Video Tutorial/Demonstration:

Weird lol hekate for me launches games fine provided i dont open homebrew first.

GalaxyYT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird lol hekate for me launches games fine provided i dont open homebrew first.
Are you on hekate 4.x or 5.x?
Edit:
Just tested, works on 5.x for me like that as well. I guess it's just a gamble on whether you can launch games or not after opening homebrew. I can't figure out how to delete a thread so I'm gonna leave this here.
(im very stupid for not testing more)

Last edited by GalaxyYT,

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you on hekate 4.x or 5.x?
Edit:
Just tested, works on 5.x for me like that as well. I guess it's just a gamble on whether you can launch games or not after opening homebrew. I can't figure out how to delete a thread so I'm gonna leave this here.
(im very stupid for not testing more)
Yeh i only tested on 5.X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly