Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ganons said:
Satangel said:
I have about 30 on 50GB now, so that's a dazzling 150 games on 250GB!

lol you sound like a quiz host

Lol sorry, I just wanted to say dazzling for some reason
tongue.gif

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 250 gb WD passport my essential with 100 games on it. About 50 gb freespace left. Works flawlessly. No spin down issues, I've left it paused overnight before and restarted the game with no issues. Its nice and light and small so nice for transportation. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this drive. It seems like those having issues with spin down on the my passport essential line have larger than 320 gb drives.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm looking at one of these will this enclosure work ok?

i dont have a wii yet(saving up). but i'm hoping that by the time i do i'll ether be able to get a 3.4 or there will be a new hack for the 4.0

Nds Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have luck with a 500 GB Calvary drive (I imagine their 1TB is pretty similar, I have the 1TB, but it is for my computer, the 500GB is with the Wii Neweggs has them all) after I got screw by my 250 GB Buffalo drive

I think this is the 500 GB that I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822101134 You can find a similar 1 TB one too, they look to be using the exact same interface so the 1TB should play nicely with the Wii as well. Not to mention it got eSATA

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i finally bought a new hd for my external. my old one is one of these. what do i need to do to disable sleep mode on it when i'm ready to format it for using with my(to be purchased by the end of the year) wii? the data lifeguard tools software for it doesnt seem to have a way to do it.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emptiix said:
Is a spinndown for a wd passport bad?

Yes. If the drive goes to sleep, your game crashes. Until there's a fix, only use drives that can have their sleep function turned off.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kvp1192 said:
Darkzero51521 said:
games2007 said:
Darkzero51521 said:
Newegg's prices and quality/policys rape that.

QUOTE( @ Mar 31 2009, 10:58 PM) Western Digital My Passport Essential WDME2500TN 250GB Black External Hard Drive - Retail:
$69.99- Free Shipping.
30 Day Non-Replaceable Policy
No warranty.

Oh and we have this:
Open Box: Western Digital My Passport Essential WDME2500TN 250GB Black External Hard Drive:
$52.58+Shipping.

That's some MAJOR buttrape >>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822324018

Eagle Tech ET-CS320NSU2-BK 320GB 7200 RPM Black External Hard Drive - Retail
54.99+shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822324003
Eagle Tech ET-CS500WESU2-BK 500GB 7200 RPM Black External Hard Drive - Retail
63.99+shipping

Don't be a smartass.
are these compatible with the usb loader?

oh my god.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a Galaxy METAL GEAR BOX 2, the only difference i see between it and the Galaxy METAL GEAR 3.5" SATA USB 2.0 on the list is that it has eSATA support. does it work?

r1co281

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
quote name='kvp1192' post='1865326' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:11 AM']
Darkzero51521 said:
games2007 said:
Darkzero51521 said:
Newegg's prices and quality/policys rape that.

QUOTE( @ Mar 31 2009, 10:58 PM) Western Digital My Passport Essential WDME2500TN 250GB Black External Hard Drive - Retail:
$69.99- Free Shipping.
No warranty.

Oh and we have this:
Open Box: Western Digital My Passport Essential WDME2500TN 250GB Black External Hard Drive:
$52.58+Shipping.

That's some MAJOR buttrape >>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822324018

Eagle Tech ET-CS320NSU2-BK 320GB 7200 RPM Black External Hard Drive - Retail
54.99+shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822324003
Eagle Tech ET-CS500WESU2-BK 500GB 7200 RPM Black External Hard Drive - Retail
63.99+shipping

Don't be a smartass.

are these compatible with the usb loader?

oh my god.

omg wat

Kyzra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remixer said:
i just got this one from amazon $90 for 400gb (highest GB rating for self powered)
AMAZON LINK

Hey remixer,
How has this drive been treating you? It seems to have a good GB:Price ratio.
Do you know if this drive has the Spindown issue? Thanks in Advance.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i moded my wii with a 1TB mybook drive and then decided to mod my case. I was able to fit the mybook on top of the wii by using a damaged mod case that a client returned for the postable screen. with some adjustments i was able to feed my mybook from the screens power suply(wich feeds directly into the wii itself.) i am able to get this working fine and dandy and my wii now is completely portable. but i want to make some more mods before i make a vid of it so does anyone know where i can get :
a USB 2.0 adapter to increase the number of ports for the wii that is compatible with the wii.(tried a few of the ones in the shop none detected.
i aded a 4 wii charger base to my wii broke it up and made them sideways. i need some kind of white pvc case that is about the size of the wii to make a flip top so the motes dont fall off in traveling.
a power brick replacement for the wii that is at least 2" smaller in lenght.

with those i will have a XBOX360 sized wii wich has a built in 4 mote charger,15 inch screen, 1tb hd.
it has 2 extra fans and vents and its keeping cool with hd and all in it. completely portable fliptop would close ontop of the screen locking all intoplace with a press button(wich is why i need that pvp casing to overlap 2 zones for a press button.) any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think