Gaming Infinite Space hype

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
Haven't noticed the sensitivity problems at all...HOW unsensitive is it? I don't think I've ever tapped an option then gone damnit and had to press again..

getting the white screens on death/hitting 'exit', tho, as I and other people have mentioned. And v quiet sound esp vocals

battles do seem pretty damn slow...

autosave not working?; im not sure, cos since my lil error with not saving after beating the first boss, i've been saving religously...when DOES/is it spose to save auto? does it tell you?

but shit I'm liking it despite all of the above problems (and others people have mentioned)...just the feeling of exploring, traveling through space, is awesome..love seeing the two views as you move through space/towards a planet, from the position on the bridge combined with the outside-ship view. Maybe I'm just loving the freedom, as I'm concurrently playing through the 'corridoor' of FFXIII heh (just got to disc 2/chapter 5 or something). I do wish as someone said that you could explore more on planets..honestly if u cld do that, then..the game would be AMAZING...but u cant, so. I dunno. It still feels expansive, has a great tonality, the battles are growing on me

there is an option to enable auto-save in config.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
raptir said:
thiefraccoon said:
AP?

there must be some sort of obscure AP...

here are list of my problems.
1. if i lose a battle, game over, then freeze at white screen
2. autosave does not work.
3. touchscreen sensitivity is very random

...maybe it will become unplayable after certain amount of progress

using R4 clone (r4rts.cn, r4i.cn) which uses modified ysmenu as its main/official firmware.
(sorry I use such an obscure clone. :/ )

I have an original R4, and I've tried using both the official 1.18 and YSMenu. I've never had it freeze, but autosave does not work for me. I don't find the touchscreen sensitivity random, I've just found that you need to press a little bit above where you want to press (If you press in the middle of a button, it's fine, but if you press towards the bottom of the button, you hit the button below).

Wait.
It runs on your R4?! Mine just freakin whitescreens after the opening movie...do i need to format my SD card or something?!

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
yeah there are some problems with the sensitivity of the touch screen i sometimes have to push and option 2-3 times . in other games i just have to touch the touch screen with the stylus , in this game i need to use some force to it , and thats really bad . the JP version worked normally so its probably some AP .
BTW i have acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.6

timmyisme22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autosaves occur everytime you leave a port. To load an autosave, scroll to the bottom of the load game screen and you should see it at the bottom (kind of an odd set-up, but it works for me).

Different cart (EZ-V) so that may be the issue if it just doesn't work, but always worth mentioning the above just in case. Also, haven't really ever had any sensitivity issues to say. May just be the DS screen or some such (mind ya, mine is an old DS and it's a little off anyways so you get used to clicking in just the right spots).

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shineek said:
yeah there are some problems with the sensitivity of the touch screen i sometimes have to push and option 2-3 times . in other games i just have to touch the touch screen with the stylus , in this game i need to use some force to it , and thats really bad . the JP version worked normally so its probably some AP .
BTW i have acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.6

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Good thing I have screen protectors.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I agree , the sound is really quiet. You really need to switch off all the fans/AC in your room
tongue.gif
. Or maybe find one of those headsets that's capable of boosting the volume beyond maximum levels.

As for sensitivity issues , none yet...except maybe when I save a game.

petete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You don't need to kill all the ships to defeat the 1st boss. The old guy's skill let's you ignore the position of enemy ships, with that and 2 final roars he's dead.

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a whitescreen problem just this once, upon entering a planet, maybe it still has AP but its just too weak
unsure.gif
I am using a DSTT latest firmware with YSMenu

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
grinding is probably optional with skill...I grinded a little just to get that 8200 ship, but later I realized the 6900 ship is still good enough, having more crew makes a bigger difference

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Btw , has anyone made use of the "Assignment" ability of each crewmember? Nia has something called master helmsman (I forget what it was called) , I never used it since I've used her only as my first officer.

I believe you need to assign her to the Navigation slot for her to use it. Haven't done it yet , but if you have.. please let me know what difference it makes.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
the game tells you which stats they affect right? although i myself am not really sure, but i think she brings +10 to Mobility. might be how fast they move in and out of range (which would be nice for hit and run tactics).

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well all C type skills are used when the person is 1st officer , of course there are skills like marksman , commander and death blow those are are use when you board enemy ships , to use those you must that person on a security post .
the A type give bonus stats , ace helsman is navigator , ace pilot wel duh pilot , all seing is in either navigation or control didnt test it tough
to use medic skill you must have kira on 1st officer post then you need the gauge to be on red .

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well not all , Death Blow , Marksman , Commander , those are usable in close combat so you they only work on post like 1st officer and security posts , but for other C-Type Skills than yes 1st officer is the onlyo ne or at least Medic didnt work on any other positions . but the help menu in games says the same that the c-type skills are only usable from the 1st officer .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1