Gaming Infinite Space hype

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
im already "head-banging on the desk" listening to Within Temptation and waiting till the downloading finishes , those are the longest 20 minutes in my life . dang i think im getting old .

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rayder said:
You guys really think I'm actually going to provide you with a ROM link or something? Are you kidding me?! Someone actually tried to request one from me in a PM! Can you believe that?!

Do I really have to remind people of the GBAtemp Forum Rules?
rofl.gif
Give them the Rayder's Official Stamp of Fail
rofl.gif

QUOTE(Hankbropio @ Mar 18 2010, 02:25 AM) is it in the stores? has anyone seen it? purchased it?

does anyone in all of GBAtemp have a physical copy?
Already said, but Rayder does. Read.
lecture.gif

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the 100mb file from the intarwebs. Playing just fine on my CycloDS with 1.58b2 firmware. Intro movie was rather..clunky? It didn't make any sense. It's like they just PUSHED Yuri into space. This chick crashes a ship on his planet, it's on FIRE, and does he save her? No. He says "YOU GOTTA GET ME OUTTA HERE!" I want to slap him.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
Works perfect on the Edge card 1.9 No white line on the bottom screen when the intro plays.
Been playiny for about 30 minutes, game good.

I got that white lne on both the Japanese and US versions of the game. It really doesn't pop up any other time. No big deal for me.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Leopold said:
taken said:
Works perfect on the Edge card 1.9 No white line on the bottom screen when the intro plays.

I got that white lne on both the Japanese and US versions of the game. It really doesn't pop up any other time. No big deal for me.
What card you are using. If you using edge 1.8 update to 1.9 you don't get the lines. you using Cyclods you will plus the Acekard 2i I think only on the intro movie no big deal. Doesn't do any thing to the gameplay. which is good bye the way.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
Leopold said:
taken said:

What card you are using. If you using edge 1.8 update to 1.9 you don't get the lines. you using Cyclods you will plus the Acekard 2i I think only on the intro movie no big deal. Doesn't do any thing to the gameplay. which is good bye the way.

I'm using the CycloDS Evolution. Don't ask me the model/number it fits in the DS slot.

The story jumps around when you first get into it. First the ship crash lands on the planet, yuri demands stuff, then you are in space, then you find out Yuri paid her. It's baffling.

I think the creators wanted you to get the scope of the story from the intro movie. AFter that happens ignore it as just background information but not really the TRUE story. Once you get past the ship tutorial with the battle scenes then you get the feel of the story. Yuri scrapped and saved $$$ to hire Nira to get him of the planet, he wants to goto the capital to buy a bigger/badder ship. She agrees, they fly off, random pirate battles begin.

combat is tricky as that gauge fills up so fast i'm literally watching the top and bottom screen and waiting to mash the BARRAGE button. It definitely keeps you on your toes and makes you pay attention to all aspects of combat.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man! is it meant to be this HARD? The first two times I fought the first boss guy (papiov or whatever his name is hah), which is NOT FAR into the game at all...I died...then the third time I beat him and, yeah, FORGOT TO SAVE, went on a lil starry jaunt and because I was almost dead got my ass kicked by some random ships

I put autosave on now lol

but I've just tried to beat him again, THREE times now..and I can't do it! haven't even got close. Is it it me or is a tonne of luck involved? or am I missing something? I'm basically moving forward (he keeps retreating) until he's within range, then if he has powered up to yellow and not attacked yet i assume he's probably waiting to get to red and going for a Barrage so I dodge, then I retaliate with either a Barrage of my own or a Normal...the barrages seem to suck cos 2 out of four hits (at least) often miss anyway, so...i dunno. Just basically repeating that and I try to outguess him but he whittles me down leaving me lil chance to attack and when I do a lot of the time they miss (not because he's dodging, and not because he's out of range *shrugs* - the CLOSER u are, the more likely to land all hits?)..also, is he retreating so constantly because im rushing him down? i dunno

i need a damn strategy guide or something lol this is ridiculous. It's annoying that I did it once and now can't, makes me worry there's a lot of luck or something involved but I dunno I might be retarded

also, whenever I lose and hit Exit I get a freeze and two white screens which is weird, works otherwise (old/original M3)

help with either? hah

mandella

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone annoyed by the sound volumes? NPC speak so quietly (I barely heard anything in the 1st move before starting new game) and other sounds, like explosions, gun fire, are so damn loud and annoying. Grr...

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to put on headphones to hear ANYTHING. Don't even try to play this game in a room that has a fan or any other noise, it's whisper quiet even maxed out.

Combat is savage and unforgiving. I take a beating left and right but pull it off at the last minute. I have a fun feeling I'm going to grind out some levels/cash here as that first boss sounds varrrrrry bad.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Combat is indeed intense. Been grinding now for 5 hours straight. Think I've sussed it out.

I usually go forward then click dodge, move back somewhat till my gauge fills into the red, then blammo, get the target into range then either barrage or normal depending on enemy, then rinse and repeat.

Super, super game. I can see myself spending alot of time grinding like a madman, Mwah hah ha ha h ah ha ha ah LOL

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I just noticed I joined EXACTLY four years ago. Sorry, little offtopic lol. 7 posts...I should post more.

g4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm wondering if this happen to you guys too. The touch screen sometimes are not very responsive, I need to tap the screen several times to activate a command (for example, go to the bar, or order attack).

But some command is very responsive I only need to tap once. (like the save button)

I'm using M3 Real 4.7h

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol