Indonesian Lesbian Couple Forcibly Separated

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In the Indonesian province of Aceh, authorities have forced a lesbian couple to have their marriage annulled and sign a separation agreement — but their local police chief told them they really deserve beheading.
The women, whose names were not revealed, were married legally by an Islamic cleric a few months ago, with one of them passing as a man, the BBC reports. Neighbors suspected they were both women, however, and reported them to police in the province, which enforces some aspects of Muslim Sharia law.
The two are now living with their families and under surveillance. The local police chief told them that Islam called for them to be beheaded and burned, but the province has yet to put such penalties into law.
While Indonesia has the world’s largest Muslim population, Aceh is the only province that is allowed to implement Sharia, the religion’s legal code. It has yet to adopt any provisions dealing with homosexuality, which is legal but frowned upon in the nation. Two years ago the provincial parliament passed legislation authorizing the death penalty for adultery and caning for homosexuality, but the governor refused to sign it.

Source:Advocate
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/08/26/Indonesian_Lesbian_Couple_Forcibly_Separated/

Opinions??????
I found what the police chief said to be so disgusting and vile.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
YAY!!!!!!!! Nevertheless, I'd like to think I post some of the more interesting news pieces out there.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In all technicalities, their marriage was a lie. They shouldn't have to, but if they want to be gay and happy, they should move to somewhere that WONT kill you for being homosexual.

On a half related note,
The news actually gets annoying, half the stuff you post is pretty useless. Some is good though. But I mean, it's just turning into "copy and paste for postcount +1!"

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really, if I really wanted to just increase my post count I would post a lot of garbage and if you think this is pointless you haven't seen half the celebrity news out there. And stop being such a hater Hells Malice. I consider this important, as it shows how intolerant Indonesia still is, hopefully that will change though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time someone mentions your news or posts you immediately reply with a remark that apparently requires 30,000 exclamation marks.
Like someone just gave you candy for posting news or something.
It's annoying and it's clear you started out posting news (frequently yet infrequently) because it was interesting and discussable.
Fast forward to recently and now you machine gun news and squeal like a little girl when someone mentions that you posted news. You're attention whoring, if nothing else.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time someone mentions your news or posts you immediately reply with a remark that apparently requires 30,000 exclamation marks.
Like someone just gave you candy for posting news or something.
It's annoying and it's clear you started out posting news (frequently yet infrequently) because it was interesting and discussable.
Fast forward to recently and now you machine gun news and squeal like a little girl when someone mentions that you posted news. You're attention whoring, if nothing else.
dayuum! straight to the punch!

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really when I started posting news I had cancer, and due to issues of pain couldn't stay on long enough to post too much news. I'm "machine gunning" news now because I look through a lot more news sites than I did back then. Piss off, i like exclamation points!!!!!!!!! Nope, not an attention whore! If so I would have posted Kim Kardashian's divorce, i don't find that relevant.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it continues i'll be asking for you to get your own subforum to post shit in so I don't have to see the eventual state of GoTC turning into 90% pointless news, 100% supplied by you.

The exclamation point was more of constructive criticism. You look stupid when you do it.

The world sucks. While it entertains me to read about it sometimes, I don't see why you or anyone else would actually want to be constantly bombarded with the worlds problems via this forum.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't post nearly that much news. I still like the exclamation point. I don't know, I guess I want to hear other people's opinions on these issues and have debates on some of them or just discuss them. And in reality most news is pointless.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl