Hacking Incompatibility issue or bad cios installation?

deathrider_ixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been messing around with the Wii I bought in 2006 and haven't had any problems at all with it except a usb issue.

I use a 2gig microsd fat32 usb kind of device to do all of my homebrew and just to test out my smaller backups like Animal Crossing. Whenever I load up usb loader gx with 222, a screen pops up saying the usb isn't found. It asks me to pick either 249 or 222, and so I pick 222. It then continues to search and doesn't find anything UNLESS I unplug the usb and replug it back in. after that, the configuration doesn't work, but the games boot in 249.

If the global boot is 249 or so, it loads straight into usb loader gx and my configuration is perfect. The problem with that is I can't load any backups at all with ios 222, 223, 249, or 250 when in global boot of 249.

Could of sworn I got it to boot in 249 and load in 249 once, but then I was so excited that I tried using ocarina with it as well. After that, it stopped working...

using usb loader gx rev910, with ios249(rev 17)
the hermes v4 stuff is installed (37 merged with 38 and 36 merged with 60 i think?), as well as things like cioscorps
tried deleting cios titles, trying tons of different versions of usb loader gx, and updated/patched most of the ios
i even keep my homebrew channel backwards just in hopes that ios 36 is involved somehow..!

tried this in uloader and configuration loader as well and i get the same results
when my drive was wbfs, i could load things easily with neogamma, but i wanted to change it to fat32 for homebrew to stay
hate2.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I think the problem is this: cIOS 249 is not capable of booting games from a FAT partition. You'll need cIOS 222 for that. Since cIOS222 seems incompatible with your USB Device, I don't think it can be done. You have two options here: either buy a compatible drive, or revert to wbfs.

deathrider_ixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True dat.

I was planning on buying a nice external harddrive soon anyways, but I guess I just wanted to make sure my ios222 wasn't bugged somehow.

Thanks r-win

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.