Incognito

incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

purpose
a) So your switch can go online without worrying about a ban or using random dogdy DNS servers that are also likely to get you banned.

b) so malicious homebrew applications cannot steal your personal certificate.

disclaimer
Always have a nand backup. I am not responsible for any bricks or bans. Use at your own risk, experimental.

This application backs up your prodinfo to the SD root, you should keep this backup in a more secure location, and not leave it on the SD card where malicious applications can read it.

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

edit: atmosphere blocks writes to CAL0, so you must use ReiNX or SX OS to install this. Once installed, you can switch back to atmosphere.

Cogn_mode-225x225.png

TouToTheHouYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid Question™: Is Incognito supposed to allow official firmware updates?

I switched over from SXOS 2.9 to Atmosphere 0.9.4 some weeks back and made sure to install the latest version of Incognito before making the switch knowing that it wouldn't work on stock Atmosphere. I backed up my prodinfo.bin, copied it from my SD card to my PC hard drive, deleted it from my SD card, then jumped over to Atmosphere proper. No problems since but once the new OFW 9.1.0 update released my system keeps pestering me. Even after rebooting into maintenance mode to clear the update files my system merely re-downloads them.

After some initial reading before using Incognito it was my understanding that by deleting prodinfo a Switch shouldn't be able to connect to any official Nintendo service. Shouldn't that also bar software and firmware updates? SXOS and 90DNS don't suffer this problem. I only use internet functionality to download or update as needed. I'd prefer not to use 90DNS as it cuts my download speeds by roughly 2/3's.

Additionally, I noticed when switching over to Atmosphere that the built-in news app keeps updating. I haven't thought much of it but now with this other concern I'm further puzzled: Is Incognito supposed to block news updates as well? Is it a ban risk if it doesn't?

Last edited by TouToTheHouYo,
Reactions: majoru

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
incodnito is meant to make your console invisible to Nintendo by blanking out your serial but doing so u loose access to nintendo servers until you restore your prodinfor back

why is it on any topic when a newbie ask a question people act like a d**** if you don't want to answer a newb question why say nothing. when u insult them making the forum look like a place full of pr***

ZordonAlfa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Blawar is everything OK on your side? I haven't been able to see your github in like a week, everything OK buddy?

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
someone has already tried to modify only the tsec_key in prod the rest is identical for the consoles after that I saw modify something else will bug the console and then inject without anything else to modify or maybe find the serial number of console to modify as on 3ds and inject mmmm someone will eventually find

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you really want to use Internet without connecting to Nintendo, just use 90DNS. Otherwise there is no point in having Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console
I need Incognito incase the 90DNS server goes down. I need it for JITS :)
And also that i got a whole better download speed when switching from 90DNS to Incognito.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to use Internet without connecting to Nintendo, just use 90DNS. Otherwise there is no point in having Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console
90DNS could go down, it could be altered (accidentally or maliciously) in a way that allows Nintendo traffic through, and it slows down certain downloads from HBG/JITS. I personally recommend Incognito.

DarkMeowstic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed Incognito back in the day when I've been using ReiNX. Now I'm switching to Atmosphere because I needed 9.0.0 firmware, is Incognito still installed anyway?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed Incognito back in the day when I've been using ReiNX. Now I'm switching to Atmosphere because I needed 9.0.0 firmware, is Incognito still installed anyway?
If you had used it to remove the prodinfo of your sysNAND then yes, it will still be "installed" (meaning the info will still be erased) regardless of which CFW you use.
The only situation where your prodinfo gets restored (other than using the restore function of the homebrew obviously) is if you used incognito to erase the prodinfo from an emuMMC partition and then create a new emuMMC from a sysNAND without incognito.

Reactions: DarkMeowstic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.