RELEASE Incognito

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Feb 21, 2019.

1. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    "Hold on. Are you telling me that I can play fortnite on my hacked switch without ninty being able to ban me?
    i installed it, works good. (so far)"
    Last page, which got me thinking it would, but maybe he was just trolling...

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Pay attention to the gif posted by the dude who said "I installed it, works good. (so far)" ;)

3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Then what you need is emunand.

People do say that if you're just using homebrew, no installed nsps (not even homebrew ones) and no piracy and no custom profile pictures and no online game cheats/mods, then you should be safe going online using atmosphere and not getting banned. I'm not vouching for it personally tho.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  5. Mrswitch90123456789

Mrswitch90123456789 Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    Would my prodinfo.bin be in my part of a nand dump and how do you view the contents of it? My nand dump is a nand.bin.00

Last edited by Mrswitch90123456789, May 15, 2019
  6. Mrswitch90123456789

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    Never mind, but I went to restore the prodinfo.bin from the part of a dump and it doesn’t change it back, I did the dump before I did incognito but it wasn’t completed

7. blawar
    OP

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    use incognito to restore the backup that incognito took.

8. Joe-Syzlak

Joe-Syzlak Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Germany
    what happens if I use it twice? Will the backup be the changed prodinfo?

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Nope same effect until you restore your original prodinfo.

Joe-Syzlak likes this.
  10. Mrswitch90123456789

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    I did that and it didn't work. it still put the serial number to what it was when i changed it but i did the nand dump before i used incognito.

Joe-Syzlak likes this.
  11. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Open up your nand dump with hacddiskmount. You should see prodinfo.bin and prodinfofo.bin. No idea what is the second one but just restore both and my switch booted up with the right serial

12. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    prodinfof contains some factory logging stuff (ex.when the system was made/tested, what tests succeeded or failed, etc) and other miscellaneous stuff (ex. that wireless E-Label thing in system settings). I don’t think it’s necessary for the system to boot, but I haven’t tested it myself

13. LapCheong

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Very weird indeed, i mis-placed my incognito backup when i start a fresh sd card. So the only way to it as far as i know was to do a nand restore or find the prodinfo and restore manually. First i did was restoring only the prodinfo.bin only from my 4.1.0 clean nand backup. Surprisingly, my switch stuck on the "switch" icon. After multiple attempts of restoring the same file, i given up and flash the other file which is prodinfofo.bin together with prodinfo. Well that worked and i have no idea why :rofl2:

So glad that i didnt do a nand restore but at least i have a backup

Last edited by LapCheong, May 19, 2019
  14. Mrswitch90123456789

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    Did you put both on your sd card? and then did you go into incognito on your switch and restored it?

15. LapCheong

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Nope i didn't use incognito to restore because simply i forget that option was there ( kinda stupid i know )

I think incognito will restore the prodinfo.bin as long as the naming was right and it was in the right folder.

I made the yolo decision to flash it back by mounting my nand on harddiskmount (Dangerous). But had to do some trial and error since there is no guide out there to do this. Soft brick my switch a few times but get out of it after flashing both prodinfo and proinfofo

Last edited by LapCheong, May 19, 2019
  16. Mrswitch90123456789

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA

Ok. Why would mounting the nand be dangerous? Also do you mean hacdiskmount instead of harddiskmount? Did it work, and if it did, which one did you flash to make it work?

17. LapCheong

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Yes hacdiskmount, i flash both prodinfo and proinfofo that i export from my nand backup 32gb

18. Mrswitch90123456789

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    I only have a part of a nand dump 3gb and it still has the prodinfo.bin and prodinfof.bin. Where could I definitely get a guide for doing this? :yayswitch:

Last edited by Mrswitch90123456789, May 19, 2019
  19. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I believe the main drive behind this were people using 90DNS, and installing a game via Tinfoil via a remote location, and getting really poor speeds due to the 90DNS servers residing in France(?).

Does anybody know if this messes up amiibo usage? Primarily emuiibo usage?

20. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Doesn't cause issues.

OrGoN3 likes this.