ROM Hack Inazuma Eleven help needed for editing

ajaxries

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Level 5 put some characters from IE2 in the first Inazuma game. It isn't possible to get those players without hacking.
I really want those players in my team, so I started to look in the .nds file. A few examples of the players are Fubuki, Tsunami, Kogure. I am using the remastered version of the game so it would be quite plausible that someone already had edited those files. The problem is that I can't edit the files. Some of the files are .pkb extensions. How can you edit those files? I really want to learn this instead of letting someone else do this. I hope people can help me.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
The pkb files need to be decompressed. then the files from that need to be gone through. Its called hex editing.
As I have no experience with this game you might want to research other projects on this or contact the people from those projects (since I am unclear which project you are talking about).

Anyways decompress and edit. sorry if this wasn't that mush help.

ajaxries

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, I don't really think I was clear about my plan. I am willing to put the players: shawn froste (fubuki), victoria vanguard(Touko) and Hurley Kane(Tsunami) somewhere in the game. The unitbase.dat shows me that those players are in the game.

But I can't figure myself how to view the sprites in the .pkb files. I know that these files are archive files, but I don't know how to decrompress them. I heard of the application quickbms, but this application is freaking hard and the .pkb files are unreadable.

This is my first attempt in hacking a rom so I don't think I have the knowledge for most of the hacking. Maybe someone has experiences with the hacking of Inazuma Eleven and could help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress