Inazuma Eleven help needed for editing

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ajaxries, May 25, 2011.

May 25, 2011
  1. ajaxries
    OP

Newcomer ajaxries Newbie

Netherlands
    Hello,

Level 5 put some characters from IE2 in the first Inazuma game. It isn't possible to get those players without hacking.
    I really want those players in my team, so I started to look in the .nds file. A few examples of the players are Fubuki, Tsunami, Kogure. I am using the remastered version of the game so it would be quite plausible that someone already had edited those files. The problem is that I can't edit the files. Some of the files are .pkb extensions. How can you edit those files? I really want to learn this instead of letting someone else do this. I hope people can help me.

2. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    The pkb files need to be decompressed. then the files from that need to be gone through. Its called hex editing.
    As I have no experience with this game you might want to research other projects on this or contact the people from those projects (since I am unclear which project you are talking about).

Anyways decompress and edit. sorry if this wasn't that mush help.

3. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    He revealed that he just imported their files into IE1 and they worked. Not sure if he made then unlockable through normal means.

4. Cheren

Member Cheren Pokemon Gamer

Brazil
    Fubuki,Tsunami and Kogure are All Game 2 Characters

5. ajaxries
    OP

Newcomer ajaxries Newbie

Netherlands
    ok, I don't really think I was clear about my plan. I am willing to put the players: shawn froste (fubuki), victoria vanguard(Touko) and Hurley Kane(Tsunami) somewhere in the game. The unitbase.dat shows me that those players are in the game.

But I can't figure myself how to view the sprites in the .pkb files. I know that these files are archive files, but I don't know how to decrompress them. I heard of the application quickbms, but this application is freaking hard and the .pkb files are unreadable.

This is my first attempt in hacking a rom so I don't think I have the knowledge for most of the hacking. Maybe someone has experiences with the hacking of Inazuma Eleven and could help me.