Not open for further replies.

j944004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have been play around the game and I'm to translate the name, but everytime i do it, this is how tit looks like. (??????????????)
35303979.png

captureuk.png

Why does i it always do that?
unsure.gif

Reactions: Milozaki

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without seeing what goes my wild guess would be either that you hosed up the pointers which you can test by changing the characters and not the length or more likely edited in the name using a different encoding to the one the game uses. I never spent that much time pulling apart the text side of inazuma but I think it was basic shiftJIS- theoretically shiftJIS supports a measure of ASCII or at least u16 unicode but in practice many games that use shiftJIS for their Japanese text lack this part of the standard.
Fortunately shiftJIS itself does include a selection of Roman characters as you can see http://www.rikai.com/library/kanjitables/k...odes.sjis.shtml

To make them you have several choices but the easiest method for small strings like this is to use something like JWPCE ( http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html ) or nowadays and most hackers around here in need of such things opt for Njstar ( http://www.njstar.com/cms/download make sure you get the Japanese one).
You then want a mode referred to as double byte (DBCS) by most, Jascii in JWPCE or if in JWPCE you use ASCII mode in double byte mode (several methods but the easiest is right click on the button at the bottom left of the screen and select it then and click on the symbol on the right hand side) all of which should then spit out things like

Code:
00000000 828F 828E 8285 8140 8284 8281 8299 8140 .......@.......@
00000010 8268 8140 8297 8281 828C 828B 8285 8284 .h.@............
00000020 8140 8284 828F 8297 828E 8140 8294 8288 .@.........@....
00000030 8285 8140 8293 8294 8292 8285 8285 8294 ...@............
00000040 8142 0D0AÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ .B..
may look like gibberish but when decoded by a shiftJIS decoder (hopefully your computer has support for this- if it does not sort that out if you are going to be doing this translation game).

"?????????????????????????????????"

Reactions: Milozaki

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ShadowX13 said:
You havn't put english characters in the NFTR font files....
No no no, every game is have ascii character on NTFR (because is basic character and must stored...) ... so this wrong.

maybe you just wrong about offset, pointer or something. Not on NTFR character... ("?" is include on ASCII character..)

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shadow is right, him and I analized that game, and the ascii chars there aren't in this game, you have to add it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@others lack of ASCII range characters in games is nothing new but am I to take it that the Roman part of the ShiftJIS set is not included (again nothing new but in later NFTR games it is)?

I am not aware of an NFTR editors that add characters but you can edit existing ones to have other characters (all those kana and kanji you are no longer using thanks to your translation- this is also often/partially why some partially translated games on the likes of the SNES and GBC (and most other consoles of that vintage) would break and not even revert to full Japanese) or create a new file (preferably with the encoding).

There are some nice Chinese tools and I am afraid I have not checked the likes of the mario kart editor or tinke for their font stuff yet so this leaves two main tools http://gbatemp.net/t105060-nftr-editor (do also read the last few pages as there was a tweak on the format in some newer roms necessitating a conversion) and crystaltile2 which can both edit and build them. Your main problem with crystaltile2 is it likes to pull from your onboard fonts and they never worked that well for me when getting down to smaller font sizes (which many games enjoy using for some reason). Some stunning fonts when you make them larger though

28dayslaterndsfontdemo.png

Font is called 28 days later, I have no idea where I picked it up.

j944004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys, but their was english letter in there already.
blush.gif

I just need the table to know how to write it down.
thth.png

captureln.png

but the text is to big, how do you make it smaller? (P.S. Does anyone know how to change the names of the special moves?)

Edit: I replaced the inazuam eleven 3 fonts with inazuam elven 1 (english) font file. now i can type the letter instad of using the table to find out what numer is what letter .

mbm.png

Also it does not have some japen char so they appear as question mark but that Ok.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1