Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys know when you aquire a new HM like rock smash, cut, or surf, you can backtrack to an earlier area and discover new items, locations, trainers, or pokemon, right? Well is there a guide compiled somewhere specifically for these types of scenarios? I find it pretty annoying to memorize what I can go back to after I get an HM. Thanks.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
The HMs are actually not a big deal.

Just ride your bike to where you've been after obtaining each HM. If you were checking places properly, you'll remember there's a HM-thingie in a place the moment you enter it again (if not from simply looking at the map).

What I get paranoid about is items that need to be located via Item Finder.
The moment I get it, I check every single corner of every place with it .___.
You'd be surprised, but there is tons of hidden items everywhere. They are trash 98% of the time though...

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The HMs are actually not a big deal.

Just ride your bike to where you've been after obtaining each HM. If you were checking places properly, you'll remember there's a HM-thingie in a place the moment you enter it again (if not from simply looking at the map).

What I get paranoid about is items that need to be located via Item Finder.
The moment I get it, I check every single corner of every place with it .___.
You'd be surprised, but there is tons of hidden items everywhere. They are trash 98% of the time though...

That's true! In Platinum if you use the dowsing machine in every route constantly, there are ALWAYS items. It's insane.

In BW, Dive, Strength, Waterfall are literally unneeded to clear the main story.

That's true, but some are necessary to find items, or trainers.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it really not much of a deal to just bike through every place a second time when you got all your hms ready.

only the caves might be a problem, as sometimes its really not that easy to keep track of the random paths

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took Suprgamer's advice. Just go to gamefaqs for 100% guide and it will let you know the places you can go to once you've acquired certain HMs.
I LOVE gameFAQs. So much unnecessary info its amazing. i spend a lot of time reading guides for games ive played and will never play again, just to see what i missed.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I took Suprgamer's advice. Just go to gamefaqs for 100% guide and it will let you know the places you can go to once you've acquired certain HMs.
I LOVE gameFAQs. So much unnecessary info its amazing. i spend a lot of time reading guides for games ive played and will never play again, just to see what i missed.
It's cool how gamefaqs has info that no where else has, like maps for games, items in every corner, even guides in other languages. I sometimes forget about it, but it's very useful.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1