Status
Not open for further replies.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone in this thread who says they're working or had worked on something 4 hax, was OP, the guy you quoted and yourself.

The rest are angry because gateway is a drm card.

This is going nowhere, friend. Can we just continue on with the thread?

Our best bet probably would be a CFW, free or not.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Well look, sharing information from smea himself is not a good idea. You know the guy who released the .3ds decryption method? He shared information. Now he's hated by a few people and he's not going to get anymore information.

The webkit hack, in theory, was an easy thing to 'think about'. The GPU DMA as i said, was possible to think about. The next stages.. well all i know is, ARMv6 is used (which i figured out too but not details of course) to do something in thumb mode that isn't possible in ARM11 mode. Then the next stuff is ????. Putting this all together, remade, without breaking it - not for the inexperienced hacker who posts before having done any progress.

If you want to work on CFW, read the open source emulator code and understand it all first. Then you can go and work on on say, an already hacked emunand to make changes. The only CFW done so far was just GW 2.02 or something with the ability to patch user-mode memory i believe.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well look, sharing information from smea himself is not a good idea. You know the guy who released the .3ds decryption method? He shared information. Now he's hated by a few people and he's not going to get anymore information.

The webkit hack, in theory, was an easy thing to 'think about'. The GPU DMA as i said, was possible to think about. The next stages.. well all i know is, ARMv6 is used (which i figured out too but not details of course) to do something in thumb mode that isn't possible in ARM11 mode. Then the next stuff is ????. Putting this all together, remade, without breaking it - not for the inexperienced hacker who posts before having done any progress.

All that guy has to do is get a new online id make a new name for him self and then get more information so what your saying is flawed.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

If you want to work on CFW, read the open source emulator code and understand it all first. Then you can go and work on on say, an already hacked emunand to make changes. The only CFW done so far was just GW 2.02 or something with the ability to patch user-mode memory i believe.
just quit now, people don't like hearing this stuff....to them its just bish bash bosh CFW!!!!!! yay, anyone says its not is suddenly a hater fanboy or some other 10 year old's version of an insult

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is derailing. Please, back to the original post.

CFWs of the past used binary files, and data files can contain binary. Considering this fact, it is likely we can push something through the small hole that is this exploit, because space is limited. As I said earlier, st4rk has stated he can get the lower screen to display a blue screen with GSPGPU_WriteHWRegs. Not much, but a start. Even if what is made is userland, it is still progress. You don't go to the moon overnight.

Reactions: Zidapi

kaizerJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone on gbatemp should really think about what there saying on these forums, by acting like a, know it all snot, all your really doing is keeping the scene down. I mean really, grow up. It's always easier to not say something then to say something cruel to someone you don't even know. I know you probably feel powerless in real life and picking on some little kid might help you get through the day, but is this really how you want to represent yourself?
I program for a living, it's what I do, and it's the the lack of basic human respect that keeps people like me away.
How can you ever expect progress if you tell kids that there idiots for trying.
So do us all a favor, think about the words you use and how they represent you. Are you really that shitty person that enjoys being cruel to a bunch of little kids. And you all know who you are...

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow I can't believe sk1llet was for real. He came out of nowhere, made some remarkable claims and now it's really happening. Truly the savior we needed.

Reactions: leerpsp

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think everyone on gbatemp should really think about what there saying on these forums, by acting like a, know it all snot, all your really doing is keeping the scene down. I mean really, grow up. It's always easier to not say something then to say something cruel to someone you don't even know. I know you probably feel powerless in real life and picking on some little kid might help you get through the day, but is this really how you want to represent yourself?
I program for a living, it's what I do, and it's the the lack of basic human respect that keeps people like me away.
How can you ever expect progress if you tell kids that there idiots for trying.
So do us all a favor, think about the words you use and how they represent you. Are you really that shitty person that enjoys being cruel to a bunch of little kids. And you all know who you are...

http://i.imgur.com/sNdnLiC.jpg

I don't think anyone thinks OP is an idiot for trying, a few people have their concerns about it, and are airing them in a public forum.
Sorry this disturbs most of you. :(

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
But what is the point with this cfw? TS said it is for 4.5 only.. We already have cfw for 4.5. And that cfw was developed by the real leet ppl like yellows8. Ninjhax too boot from the gw exploit would be great though :)

Reactions: Kross0

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you said "Probably a cfw or modification of a cfw since that will allow for the most stuff"
I'm going to include an existing CFW in the launcher I make. After that, I'll modify the CFW so that it's more stable. After that, and if there's enough demand, I'll make a new CFW.
While this sounds awesome, soon you will understand why no one wants to release a cfw for 3ds on gbatemp... I give it 2 more days before they start whining to you to hurry up and make a cfw so they can pirate their games.
I already understand perfectly, not just from here, but from other places I've tried to do things like this. This time, though, if people are going to complain that they don't believe me or that they want something RIGHT NOW, I'm just gonna ignore them.

Ok, i'm just going to say firstly: your title is misleading there's no new exploit
That's why I put [IN PROGRESS] in front of it. It's a work in progress. The result will be an exploit.

Secondly, i don't believe you possess the knowledge to do this. Even if you recruited 2 other people (who? people who know how wouldn't have needed you to tell them this).
You don't really know me or my background, so that's understandable. The people I recruited are people I personally know and have met in real life. Both of them are really good with C, and the do not keep up with the 3DS scene, and especially not the hacking scene. We collaborate because of this, since I know about the 3DS and can provide references and functions for code.

I have this similar thing where i look at exploit A and B then look at C and think something is possible to make; but the difference is you have to realize your limitations and not actually try and do it. Because if it's obvious like this, then someone smarter who can code and understand ARM ASM a lot more than you and me can already do it, and will do it.
Cool. If someone else does it before I do it, I'll still release a homebrew launcher and some other tools. It'll just be easier on me.

Fucking around with the 'most interesting stage' as you put it, is an easy way to brick the 3DS, ask yellows8.. please don't continue this unless i'm wrong and you truly understand what you are doing. I know it's exciting when you think of something that can definitely work, but hasn't been done, but you don't understand the finer details.
If I was just going around blindly trying to create something like this, I wouldn't even bother. I know what I'm doing and the steps necessary to do it.

Yifanlu doesn't even have a 3DS you know? He just did a quick pseudo-analysis of the whole thing and took details from other people - it's not even close to rebuilding what GW does. Smea's is more detailed but he doesn't say everything either. Once you are at the kernel level minor mistakes or modifications will brick the system, the people doing this stuff don't risk this anymore i'm guessing they got their debug methods.
He doesn't need one. Someone (I know who and I think they're amazing, but I'm busy at the moment and I'll link him later) provided the gateway payloads for all of the different firmware versions. He analyzed them and referenced the system functions on the 3DS, and reverse engineered them based on that.

tl;dr i dont think you are prepared or able to do this so please don't post about it especially before no work is done, this is just an (obvious) theory that is possible
I think I am prepared and able to do this, so I'm posting it here to keep the people that are interested updated.

You can check it out at go.plxhack.us.
This page literally just contains the word "Moo." in the website code.

Just for the future though, open source would be great. Makes it easier to get stuff added/bugs fixed.
Of course I'm gonna make it open source.

But what is the point with this cfw? TS said it is for 4.5 only.. We already have cfw for 4.5. And that cfw was developed by the real leet ppl like yellows8. Ninjhax too boot from the gw exploit would be great though :)
The goal is to make the new CFW more stable and to be able to run it in later firmwares.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
My comment was not targeted towards you, simply everyone as a whole. We are all supposed to be working for the same cause here, homebrew. If we all are at each other's necks, we will never get anything done. There has been a lot of work towards the use of the webkit hack as well as the GPU DMA hack. With the release of Regionthree, st4rk and shutterbug2000 have been modifying it slightly for different uses. It is very well possible that TheHomesk1llet, and his helpers, understand what they are doing. The information I was given came from Smea himself, and instead of hording it for my own good, I have been sharing it with anyone that asks.

Instead of bashing everyone for trying, can't we all just help each other?

S25EO.gif

I didn`t use the regionthree to do it lol

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The problem with the current leaked CFW is that it's buggy and not quite as stable.

Edit: Also, the CFW that some 3dsdevs had before the leak was already updated and less buggy.

Reactions: SLiV3R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?