In-Depth 3DS Poll

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Blazikun, Jun 17, 2010.

?

Will YOU buy one?

1. Yup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mebbe Yup, Mebbe Nup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 17, 2010

In-Depth 3DS Poll by Blazikun at 5:57 PM (5,211 Views / 0 Likes) 57 replies

1. Blazikun
    OP

Member Blazikun GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    if you selected "other" for anything, say why.

This is STRICTLY 3DS related , so don't stray with your opinions.

[​IMG]

2. johncenafan427

Member johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i might buy it.
    depends on how much it is.

3. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    how much do you think it will be?

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Game cube maybe wii. Action would be perfect for 3D.

Yes I want one [​IMG]

btw $200 seem fair.

5. specht

Member specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is a definite purchase for me. I expect the launch price to be about $149.99 US like the original DS was, though I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed to $199.99 or somewhere in between.

6. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I will buy it, but not yet because my laptop sucks balls and I don't even have enough money for a new desktop.
    And the graphics won't be like the graphics of the ps2. When you look at Black or Jak X, that's just too much for the 3ds. I think so, I do not hope so.

7. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Resident Evil looks better than Tekken 5, and that is, by far, one of the best looking games on the PS2. I'm not sure how powerful this thing will be, but Resident Evil and MGS look amazing.

I'll be getting it at launch. My DSi has fucked up shoulder buttons (which is mostly my fault) and you know, doesn't have 3D. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay, though.

8. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    maybe yay, maybe nay. I only buy consoles if I can play pirated games on it, because it goes against my principles to buy games. In a far far away I have done so, but it was a different me.... I'm reborn now. So in other words I will definitely buy the 3DS, when a flashcart arrives. I honestly believe there will be a big big chance that the 3DS will be unhackable, so it's goodbye-handheld-nintendo for me if that's the case.

9. Wii_Manic

Member Wii_Manic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ill defo buy. It depends on the price when though. If its more than £180 then, i'll wait till its hacked so its cheaper in the long run. Anyless then I'll have it within a month.

10. specht

Member specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You can't compare pre-launch tech demos with some of the last games developed for another console with (presumably) similar specs. I had my doubts with the Kid Icarus trailer during the conference, but after seeing MGS3D and Resident Evil I believe we'll be seeing games comparable to PS2 titles shortly into the console's life.

I think the aliasing issues from the low-res LCD screen is the only thing holding MGS3D back from looking better than the PS2 version. And then there's the fact that it's producing 2 separate images for the 3D effect.

11. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    it has sleep mode and downloads stuff like the wii. while asleep. i'd say it has 3/4 the same graphics capability as a wii, which was based around gamecube hardware

12. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Anything that is done, can be undone in the world of software!

And back on topic...
    I personally won't be rushing out to buy a 3DS as soon as the hit the shelves as I'm a sensible person who waits for the price to drop after the initial rush of suckers who buy one.

Also, why are you comparing it to other systems? Especially Sony consoles! It's the '3DS', not the 'Wii handheld' or anything like that! I reckon the 3D visuals will set it miles ahead of any other console anyway! It's funny how a few screen shots of a new console sets the rumour mill going. Sit down, relax a little while and wait for it to come out before you all start comparing it to anything.... It may be a huge flop, nobody knows!

Incidentally, I wonder if everyone went this mental when the DS was announced??

13. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    looks better than the wii judging from resident evil and street fighter

I would have voted turn based strategy if that was an option

14. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'll buy it for sure. I think it's about gamecube level graphics. And as for what games I'd play on it, let's just say I'll play anything that looks good to me.

15. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I will buy one!
    I compare with: PSP, PS2 and DS/DSi (I mean... professor layton doesn't differ much from a DS game)
    And I think I'll mainly play Adventure games. And I mean Adventure as in Zelda, Mario, Layton, Metroid, Kid Icarus... yeah that kind... and probably a LOT of RPGs as well... but voted Adventure [​IMG]

16. tester28

Newcomer tester28 Member

United Kingdom
    i picked other in the graphics poll what i say is it IS anyware between the dreamcast (the dreamcast had graphics better then ps2 and rivaling gamecube) and the wii.

17. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    knowing ninty, i guess it will cost £300, because it has 3 figures and starts with 3.

18. gamerjr

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im buying this first day no matter what, im willing to pay up to $300 w/o second guessing the price.

19. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's like saying....
    "I'll only go into a bar if I can get free drinks, because it goes against my principles to buy drinks."

Anyways, there is gonna be a wide variety of games on it, so I chose Other because I don't lean towards a specific genre.

20. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    Ive never gotten a ninty handheld on day one and with me being in college at the time of release, and money issues, i probably wont with this one, maybe a nice new years eve present, or mlk holiday, or valentines day, or st. patricks day... Hell maybe even cinco de mayo!!! [​IMG]