In a game, what is your favourite vehicle?

In a game, what is your favourite vehicle?

• Car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motorcycle

• Bicycle

• Bus/Truck/Van/SUV

• Train

• Airplane

• Helicopter

• Hovercraft

• Boat/Ship

• Submarine

• Snowmobile

• Jet Ski

• Tank

• Total voters

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know that there is not a game with all these vehicles, but vote the one that you enjoy the most to use. Like, I don't like helicopters in real life, I think they are dangerous and noisy. But when I play GTA IV and Just Cause 2, I use them all the time, I really enjoy it. They give me freedom, are easy to control and can fly in any direction.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're killing me guy, so long as it has cool physics, they're all awesome. The only game I really know of where you can use all these vehicles is Scarface or Grand Theft Auto. I thought the classic cars in Mafia were badass, that was probably my favorite 'open-world gangster/car' game.

My dream game is a realistic racer where you drive from city to city, and when you arrive at your destination, you get out of the car and beat up everyone like in Kunio-Kun or Final Fight (Streets of Rage, Urban Reign, Kenka Banchou etc.). Then you'd get back in your car and drive somewhere else where people needed to get their butts kicked.

When you ran out of cities in one country, you'd hop on a plane and go to a different country where people needed to meet your wrath. But you wouldn't be flying the plane, oh no, you'd just sit back and watch a sweet cut-scene of your guy sipping a cocktail and reading a newspaper on his flight.

edit: Halo had a bunch of cool vehicles too.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
waverace.jpg

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
You're killing me guy, so long as it has cool physics, they're all awesome.
But there must be 1 that is your preferred. I like all of them too and I love cars, but I did not know that helicopters were so useful and that I would enjoy them so much.
happy.gif

Oh, that game would be awesome! FUND IT!

=====

Option added for you, Njrg.

=====
QUOTE(mrfatso @ May 12 2010, 11:43 PM) But before that, the tank
smile.gif
Clearing roads have never been that easy
smile.gif
I forgot that. Added.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Favorite game vehicle:
Mass Effect 2's M-44 Hammerhead hover-tank. (DLC)

But since hover tank wasn't an option, I chose my usual favorite: airplanes

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Feet.

I mean, 26 bones, 33 joints (20 of which are actively articulated), and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments. EACH. Get this: Two hundred. And fifty. THOUSAND. Sweat glands. There are three main ways to walk: plantigrade (sole walking), digitigrade (toe walking), or ungulate (nail walking)!

And guess what: It comes by default in almost any game! (And real life of course...usually)

Wheels and casings just make you a bigger target.

Move freely, friends, and feel the joy of...being barefoot!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Scott-105 said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
The cat boy likes motorcycles
Why do you always refer to yourself in third person?

On topic: I like tanks and helicopter. I like helicopters more but i fail at driving them.
frown.gif
Simple answer, because I can.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Favorite game vehicle:
Mass Effect 2's M-44 Hammerhead hover-tank. (DLC)
You could choose hovercraft.
Does that exist in real life?

Not yet.
Trying to talk my buddies into helping me build one.
happy.gif

(yes, we'll probably kill ourselves in the testing process)

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
monkat said:
Feet.
Feet is not a vehicle, your reply is invalid!
nyanya.gif

1. Grammar correction: "Feet are not vehicles"
smile.gif

2. I disagree. Vehicles can be defined as any of the following:
QUOTE said:
A conveyance; a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
A medium for expression of talent or views.
A liquid content (e.g. oil) which acts as a binding and drying agent in paint. (FM 55-501).
(Hinduism) An animal or (rarely) a plant on which a Hindu deity rides or sits
An entity to achieve an end.​

Naturally, only the first and last are resembling what is being talked about. The last one being fairly loose depending on interpretation.

A device for carrying or transporting substances, objects, or individuals. Because I know that this will be debated, I have also gathered the definitions for device:
a thing made for a particular purpose; an invention or contrivance, esp. a mechanical or electrical one.
a plan or scheme for effecting a purpose.
a crafty scheme; trick.
a particular word pattern, figure of speech, combination of word sounds, etc., used in a literary work to evoke a desired effect or arouse a desired reaction in the reader: rhetorical devices.
something elaborately or fancifully designed.
a representation or design used as a heraldic charge or as an emblem, badge, trademark, or the like.
a motto.
Archaic. devising; invention.
I do believe that feet are made (through evolution, a god, whatever you want to believe --- if you don't want to choose, it is undebatable that feet are made from [ask your parents about the details] reproduction) for a particular purpose (or more than one). Which then leads to my original point, to carry or transport substances, objects, and (especially) individuals.

The "An entity to achieve an end" definition is essentially the same. Just replace entity with device.

Ooooooh.

Love you too.

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Vehicles may be propelled or pulled by engines or animals including humans, for instance, a chariot, a stagecoach, a mule-drawn barge, an ox-cart or rickshaw. However, animals on their own, though used as a means of transport, are not called vehicles, but rather beasts of burden or draft animals. This distinction includes humans carrying another human, for example a child or a disabled person. Means of transport without a vehicle or animal would include walking, running, crawling, or swimming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle

monkat said:
I do believe that feet are made (through evolution, a god, whatever you want to believe --- if you don't want to choose, it is undebatable that feet are made from [ask your parents about the details] reproduction) for a particular purpose (or more than one). Which then leads to my original point, to carry or transport substances, objects, and (especially) individuals.
Are feet mechanical/electrical too?

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia is not a valid source, especially with nuances such as that.

The user was obviously attempting to convey solely that means of transportation without automobiles includes acts such as walking. Feet are not automobiles. They are, however, vehicles. In the above case, the user did write the technically incorrect word, but for the purposes intended, the point got across.

Citing your sources helps me :3

QUOTE said:
Are feet mechanical/eletrical too?
Esp. = Especially. Even though, technically, feet are mechanical (acts on mass in physics) and do have electricity running through them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo