Improve the sound of my Nintendo 3ds XL in CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sam_SpadeR, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Sam_SpadeR GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    Hello guys, I´m an owner of one Nintendo 3ds XL and I have noticed that the sound in this console is pretty low. I want to know if I can make it louder. Anyone can help me?

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Unless you get some speakers and plug them to because there is no magic program that you install and boosts speakers...

Sam_SpadeR likes this.
  3. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    Damn. Thanks, man. So the only way to have a louder sound coming from the XL is plug speakers or use headphones, right?

4. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I suppose it could be done through an NTR plugin if someone had the skills, but honestly the quality of the sound sucks to begin with so I don't think it would make much of a difference.
    It's no Battlefield where hearing footsteps can make you a better player, or Skyrim where you want to hear the soundtrack at its best. I would actually like to boost the volume for headphones myself, but meh, in the end I don't think it would change much.

Sam_SpadeR likes this.
  5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    My 3DS speakers sound loud enougg, could it be a malcfunction perhaps?

6. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    I think there´s nothing wrong with my 3ds XL. I have an older 3ds and the sound is pretty decent but, my little brother also have one XL and the sound its a lot more low than the older 3ds console.

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    3DSXL was built with worse speakers than the original. That disappointed me tbh.

Sam_SpadeR likes this.
  8. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    If I recall correctly, you can increase significantly the volume (and quality) of your 3DS' sound by removing some... things (don't remember the english name :P), but it you need to disassemble your console to do that. I'll post a link to the thread if I find it.
    Afaik, there is not any software based modification possible, since this is a hardware limitation.

EDIT : My bad, seems that the modification I mentioned only affects the earphone volume... :unsure:
    Anyway, here's the thread if you're still interested: http://gbatemp.net/threads/hardware...volume-of-your-3ds-some-models-so-far.400221/

Last edited by TheKawaiiDesu, Dec 15, 2015
    Sam_SpadeR likes this.
  9. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    That´s a shame, actually.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Really? Oh, man, please try to find that link! I´ll take the risk and follow the steps right.

10. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Sam_SpadeR likes this.
  11. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    I'm sure a bit of tweaking to the output of the speakers can be done. Such as volume output is : 100%
    I'm sure we can put it at 110% or something. That hardmod isn't going to help me. I'll break it.

12. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    SomeGamer likes this.