Impossible to Flash NDSLite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TakeMeOut, Jan 29, 2009.

1. TakeMeOut
    OP

TakeMeOut Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    I have a Metallic Red DS Lite and can't flash it. I am trying to flash the NDS with CycloDS and Noautoboot flash me but everytime it just shuts off. It wonts go up at all. I have flashed two Phats but can't seem to flash this lite, any help would be great, and why is the DS just shutting off? I can turn it right back on and try again.

2. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    Are you sure you're doing it correctly? You should be using a rolled up piece of foil or something metallic, as you need to bridge the SL-1 contact point to short it.

I've heard that using a q-tip or toothpick wrapped in foil works well.

3. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Ive just done to lites using a toothpick wrapped in foil as krazykirk says works great,and yes im very late to the flashme party but as they say better later than never [​IMG]

4. dragon574444

dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I'm having a hard time flashing my DS Lite as well. I sent my Platinum DS Lite in for repair (L&R buttons, I noflashed it beforehand) and I got a new one back. I'm trying to flash it and the thing never gets above 0%

I've flashed 3 DS Lites before, so I know what I'm doing, it's just not working......

You think Nintendo might have caught on?

5. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    In the recent ones it seems they might be putting a thin layer of non-conductive film/shellac on it...atleast thats what my brother's has.

6. dragon574444

dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    That's exactly what I figured. It's gonna be fun scraping that off...