Impossible to Flash NDSLite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TakeMeOut, Jan 29, 2009.

Jan 29, 2009

Impossible to Flash NDSLite by TakeMeOut at 3:09 AM (2,088 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TakeMeOut
    OP

Newcomer TakeMeOut Newbie

United States
    I have a Metallic Red DS Lite and can't flash it. I am trying to flash the NDS with CycloDS and Noautoboot flash me but everytime it just shuts off. It wonts go up at all. I have flashed two Phats but can't seem to flash this lite, any help would be great, and why is the DS just shutting off? I can turn it right back on and try again.

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Are you sure you're doing it correctly? You should be using a rolled up piece of foil or something metallic, as you need to bridge the SL-1 contact point to short it.

I've heard that using a q-tip or toothpick wrapped in foil works well.

3. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Ive just done to lites using a toothpick wrapped in foil as krazykirk says works great,and yes im very late to the flashme party but as they say better later than never [​IMG]

4. dragon574444

Member dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm having a hard time flashing my DS Lite as well. I sent my Platinum DS Lite in for repair (L&R buttons, I noflashed it beforehand) and I got a new one back. I'm trying to flash it and the thing never gets above 0%

I've flashed 3 DS Lites before, so I know what I'm doing, it's just not working......

You think Nintendo might have caught on?

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    In the recent ones it seems they might be putting a thin layer of non-conductive film/shellac on it...atleast thats what my brother's has.

6. dragon574444

Member dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's exactly what I figured. It's gonna be fun scraping that off...