Gaming Importing English game save into English-patched Japanese cia

JustForThis11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play the 1.3 version of Monster Hunter Stories but it never left released in the West. Could I use JKSM to transfer my 100+ hours English save into a Japanese copy of the game that has an English patch and be able to continue playing with the updated features? I've never done this before so wanted to make sure it'll work and maybe get some additional advice on it. Thank you for reading.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I want to play the 1.3 version of Monster Hunter Stories but it never left released in the West. Could I use JKSM to transfer my 100+ hours English save into a Japanese copy of the game that has an English patch and be able to continue playing with the updated features? I've never done this before so wanted to make sure it'll work and maybe get some additional advice on it. Thank you for reading.
You can't copy-paste saves from one region to the other for most games (there are exceptions to this, so you just have to try and see) since the memory addresses and values very often change from one region to the other (eg: cutting out content that won't be in international releases shifts all addresses a fair bit). However, for MH games, many save editors or tools allow you to convert the save (eg: there's a tool for MHX to Gen) and from what I remember, the save editor for MHS has the option to convert your save so see if it does indeed have that function. If it doesn't, just save edit in all the stuff you had on your English save and just replay the story really quickly, that's the only option if everything else fails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...